Rakuten is trying to inject some black ink into its struggling e-book business with the acquisition of OverDrive Holdings, one of the largest providers of e-books for rent to libraries and schools.
Japanese e-commerce site Rakuten will become the latest online shopping mall to take bitcoin, with its services in the U.S., Germany and Austria accepting the digital currency.
Japanese online shopping giant Rakuten has added another company to its cart with the acquisition of Ebates, a cash-back shopping website.
Japan's Rakuten will acquire instant messaging and calling app developer Viber Media for US$900 million, the e-commerce giant said Friday, highlighting its moves to penetrate new markets.
Rakuten, Japan's largest online retailer, is acquiring a U.S. logistics firm as it continues to build out its infrastructure to compete with foreign rivals like Amazon.com.
The founder and CEO of one of the world's largest e-commerce sites says his firm's moral principles may keep it from defeating rival Amazon.com in the long run.
Visitors to what used to be Buy.com will see a few changes on the front page this week -- including a pronunciation guide for its new name.
Japan's Rakuten said Tuesday it will acquire a French logistics company that will allow it to provide same-day deliveries in Paris as well as next-day services across Europe.
Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten said on Tuesday that it plans to acquire Canadian e-book and e-reader company Kobo in a bid to expand in the area of media downloads for consumers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW