IT security firm Qualys has unveiled a free inventory service that can help organizations keep track of all their computers and virtual machines.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Fourteen critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer were among the targets of Microsoft's monthly batch of security patches released Tuesday. In all, it fixed 46 vulnerabilities across products including Windows, Internet Explorer and Office.
If you can't wait for that critical patch to secure your system from some just-discovered bug, IT security firm Qualys may have an answer, through new security software that can secure the trouble spot until the patch arrives.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCTest LeadVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD