IT security firm Qualys has unveiled a free inventory service that can help organizations keep track of all their computers and virtual machines.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Fourteen critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer were among the targets of Microsoft's monthly batch of security patches released Tuesday. In all, it fixed 46 vulnerabilities across products including Windows, Internet Explorer and Office.
If you can't wait for that critical patch to secure your system from some just-discovered bug, IT security firm Qualys may have an answer, through new security software that can secure the trouble spot until the patch arrives.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT