A lot of cars already resemble mobile entertainment systems, with TV screens and video games to keep everyone except -- hopefully -- the driver occupied. But they'll get even smarter (and probably more chaotic) if this year's International CES is any...
Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Chip maker Qualcomm will promote current COO Steve Mollenkopf to the role of CEO next year. He will replace long-standing CEO Paul Jacobs, son of one of the company's founders, Irwin Jacobs, the company said Friday.
Qualcomm and competitor MediaTek are working on chipsets that will open the door for LTE in low-cost smartphones and tablets, allowing people all over the world to benefit from the higher speeds it offers.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 rumour mill is gaining momentum with possible specs leaked via benchmark.
While China's demand for electronics continues to soar, the tech services market may be shrinking for U.S. enterprise vendors. Security concerns over U.S. secret surveillance are giving the Chinese government and local companies more reason to trust ...
A Chinese regulator is investigating mobile chip maker Qualcomm in connection with the Chinese Anti-Monopoly Law, according to Qualcomm.
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Qualcomm's Toq smartwatch will go on sale for US$349.99 starting Dec. 2, marking the company's first step into the wearable market.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Qualcomm has changed the job profile of Chief Marketing Officer, Anand Chandrasekher, to focus on the emerging area of enterprises, which analysts said points to the company likely developing ARM server chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW