Earlier this month, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook each welcomed China's top Internet regulator to their headquarters, for visits marked by smiles and laughter.
If you plan to buy a cheap smartphone next year expect to get LTE, an HD screen and a good-looking device, as competing manufacturers and chip vendors lower prices.
Using Wi-Fi networks in crowded environments can be a soul-destroying experience, but next-generation access points powered by Qualcomm chipsets will use a new antenna technology to ease the pain.
LTE's theoretical maximum download speed will increase to 450 Mbps next year -- but the upgrade will be out of reach for most users, as many mobile operators simply don't have enough radio spectrum.
Qualcomm wants to enter the server market, but it won't do it alone, and will tap expertise in China to build the low-power chips.
Chipmaker Qualcomm is facing regulatory investigations in the U.S. and Europe in addition to an ongoing anti-monopoly probe in China.
Qualcomm has agreed to buy chip company CSR in a move to strengthen its focus on the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected cars.
Sharp is close to commercializing its first product that uses a MEMS display -- a new type of flat-panel display that boasts deeper and richer colors than traditional LCD screens and lower power consumption.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Qualcomm has given a peek at the graphics capabilities of its new Snapdragon 810 chipset, which it confirmed will start shipping in tablets and other devices early next year.
Sharp has set 2017 as its target for mass production of a new display it says will reduce power consumption in smartphones and tablets.
Qualcomm is being urged by a top Chinese regulator to make money in the country in tandem with its local partners.
With the introduction of the Snapdragon 210 chipset, Qualcomm is hoping to push down the cost of LTE smartphones even further.
Nvidia has sued Samsung and Qualcomm for allegedly infringing seven of its patents related to GPUs, and is trying to block the sale of some Samsung products in the U.S.
Smarter contextual awareness, 4K video and augmented reality are just some of the new technologies that will be offered by smartphones and tablets over the next year or so, according to Qualcomm's product blueprints.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC