The Snapdragon 210 processor, which is meant to open the door for sub-$100 LTE smartphones, is off to a slow start. But that is about to change, according to Qualcomm.
A former executive vice president at Qualcomm was sentenced Friday to 18 months in prison and fined US$500,000 on charges related to a three-year-long insider trading scheme.
China's largest chip foundry is entering into a joint venture with Qualcomm to develop chips, at a time when the country is looking for technology to emerge as a semiconductor producing powerhouse.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Senate passes bill reining in NSA...Cook attacks other tech vendors for trading on privacy...Intel marries Thunderbolt to USB-C...and more tech news.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Obama claims @POTUS, tweets...YouTube Kids shows beer ads...Samsung off the hook for some Apple damages...and more tech news.
Google's prototype cars are hitting the road...smartphone upstarts put on the pressure...Reddit rules draw backlash...and more tech news.
The stars of smartphones want to become legends in the Internet of Things, a world that could become much bigger than cellular but will require more than handset experience for a winning run.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
Tech is a fragile lifeline in Nepal...Microsoft-Nokia deal not showing a win one year in...Apple results expected to be strong on iPhone...and more tech news.
Qualcomm's second-quarter profit dropped 46 percent, mainly because of a large fine the company had to pay in China for settling antitrust issues.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW