Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
Qualcomm will cut costs by about $1.4 billion per year and study the possible sale of assets as part of a company realignment.
If you're wondering what a low-budget Windows 10 smartphone might look like, Microsoft's minimum requirements provide some clues.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
Qualcomm hit with European antitrust probe...Intel slows down Moore's Law...Law enforcement shuts down hacking forum...and more tech news.
Qualcomm is under investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which suspects the company of abusing its dominant position in the market for 3G and 4G chipsets used in smartphones and tablets.
A networking protocol that could be whizzing around your home's airspace in a few years came one step closer to reality on Tuesday.
The Snapdragon 210 processor, which is meant to open the door for sub-$100 LTE smartphones, is off to a slow start. But that is about to change, according to Qualcomm.
A former executive vice president at Qualcomm was sentenced Friday to 18 months in prison and fined US$500,000 on charges related to a three-year-long insider trading scheme.
China's largest chip foundry is entering into a joint venture with Qualcomm to develop chips, at a time when the country is looking for technology to emerge as a semiconductor producing powerhouse.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Senate passes bill reining in NSA...Cook attacks other tech vendors for trading on privacy...Intel marries Thunderbolt to USB-C...and more tech news.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Windows 10 Creators Update could take months to roll out, data suggests
- Myth busted: Vulkan's multi-GPU support isn't limited to Windows 10
- Micro Center has cut the price of the Ryzen 1700X to $370
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD