Free Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is hoping to boost the popularity of its network with the Gramofon, a router that integrates music streaming. The first service to be added is Spotify, but more are on the way.
A startup has developed processors it claims could let wearable devices run for up to a month without a battery charge.
Qualcomm is getting high on 64-bit chips with its fastest ever Snapdragon processor, which will render 4K video, support LTE Advanced and could run the 64-bit Android OS.
The official calendar for Joshua Wright, a commissioner with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, shows he has had many meetings with technology company lobbyists, but none with consumer advocates, even though consumer protection is a major part of the...
Qualcomm has chipsets on the way that use new antenna technology to boost Wi-Fi download speeds in crowded spaces where lots of people are competing for bandwidth.
The £99 (US$160) price for U.K. carrier EE's smartphone Kestrel without a contract gives a glimpse of a future with low-cost LTE devices, and is also an aggressive move by Qualcomm as competition in the chipset sector increases.
Microsoft's new DirectX 12 will improve game play and extend mobile battery life on Windows Phones, Qualcomm said.
Qualcomm has named the former head of its technology licensing group as its new president, a move that could serve it well in the wireless industry's current litigious environment.
A Qualcomm subsidiary's health communications platform will replace proprietary gear used by a company that provides remote care for 3.6 million people.
Linaro, the open-source development consortium for Linux on ARM architecture, is working on software, tools and drivers that could hasten the release of 64-bit Android.
After top smartphone makers announced new products at Mobile World Congress this week, Apple's iPhone 5s remains the only 64-bit handset available. But with new chips announced at the show and 64-bit Android now ready, competitive handsets are only a...
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Qualcomm and Cisco Systems have started developing small cells customised for enterprises, which will be able to use the products to improve indoor wireless network coverage for their employees.
Qualcomm has released a turbocharged version of its popular Snapdragon 800 mobile processor, adding support for dual active SIMs and boosting graphics performance by 28 percent.
Qualcomm has leaped ahead of Apple in 64-bit mobile chip development with its first eight-core Snapdragon 615 chip for mobile devices, which has integrated LTE and 4K video rendering capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW