A networking protocol that could be whizzing around your home's airspace in a few years came one step closer to reality on Tuesday.
The Snapdragon 210 processor, which is meant to open the door for sub-$100 LTE smartphones, is off to a slow start. But that is about to change, according to Qualcomm.
A former executive vice president at Qualcomm was sentenced Friday to 18 months in prison and fined US$500,000 on charges related to a three-year-long insider trading scheme.
China's largest chip foundry is entering into a joint venture with Qualcomm to develop chips, at a time when the country is looking for technology to emerge as a semiconductor producing powerhouse.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Senate passes bill reining in NSA...Cook attacks other tech vendors for trading on privacy...Intel marries Thunderbolt to USB-C...and more tech news.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Obama claims @POTUS, tweets...YouTube Kids shows beer ads...Samsung off the hook for some Apple damages...and more tech news.
Google's prototype cars are hitting the road...smartphone upstarts put on the pressure...Reddit rules draw backlash...and more tech news.
The stars of smartphones want to become legends in the Internet of Things, a world that could become much bigger than cellular but will require more than handset experience for a winning run.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
Tech is a fragile lifeline in Nepal...Microsoft-Nokia deal not showing a win one year in...Apple results expected to be strong on iPhone...and more tech news.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD