The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill meant to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing multiple infringement lawsuits or demanding licensing deals over the objections of some groups representing small inventors.
A bipartisan group of more than 85 lawmakers has introduced legislation to end the U.S. National Security Agency's broad collection of U.S. telephone records by imposing new restrictions on who the agency can target.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
A proposed change to U.S. law that would allow state attorneys general to hold websites liable for content posted by users is a "dangerous path," a group of tech trade groups and legal scholars said Wednesday.
Nineteen organizations, including a church and gun ownership and marijuana legalization groups, have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. National Security Agency for a surveillance program that targets U.S. residents' phone records.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
The U.S. Congress should allow new challenges to patents on processes that are enabled by computers, and lawmakers should make it more difficult for patent-holding firms to gain import injunctions at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the White...
Streaming television service Aereo does not appear to infringe the copyrights of over-the-air TV stations, and a request from several stations to shut down the New York-based service isn't warranted, an appeals court has ruled.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced Friday he will soon step down, following months of rumors that he would resign early this year.
U.S. residents have the right to resell software and other products protected by copyright even when they are manufactured overseas, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.
Momentum is growing in the U.S. Congress to overturn a U.S. Library of Congress ruling that took mobile phone unlocking out of the legal exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Data caps on broadband service stifle innovation and hurt producers of groundbreaking video programs, representatives of the U.S. entertainment industry said Tuesday.
The U.S. has better broadband service than some critics give it credit for, with speeds, availability and prices that are competitive with many other developed nations, according to a new study from a tech-focused think tank.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT