LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
A tiny projector that plugs into an iPhone's docking slot and can throw a 25-inch image about a meter away has gone on sale in Japan and China.
Canon's new projector can produce 80-inch images when positioned an inch away from a screen or wall, it announced on Tuesday.
Projector manufacturer InFocus has released a short-throw projector aimed at businesses that face space and budget constraints.
ViewSonic has announced a new Full HD home theatre projector -- the successor to the Viewsonic Precision Pro8100. The $1999 ViewSonic Pro8200 uses a DLP colour wheel system instead of the Pro8100's internal LCD screen.
The road to higher-than-high-def television has taken another step forward with the development of a projector by JVC that is less than half the size and a quarter the weight of previous devices.
Sanyo today launched a projector with a Native 2K (2048x1080) resolution. The Sanyo PLC-HF15000L projector is designed for large venues, with a quoted light output of 15,000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
CES 2011 has plenty to offer the consumer world, but increasingly it brings major business tech advances, too. This year, we're seeing a flood of new offerings that will make doing business on the road easier, more engaging, and a whole lot more prod...
Apple has been awarded a U.S. patent for a display system that would allow multiple viewers to see a high-quality 3D image projected on a screen without the need for special glasses, regardless of where they are sitting.
Epson has announced the upcoming release of two new models in its home cinema line-up. Taking over as the company's flagship models from the Epson EH-TW3500, EH-TW4500 and EH-TW5500 home cinema projectors which were released in 2009, the new Epson EH...
Acer is showing its K11 Pico Projector in the Planet Reseller section of the Cebit trade show, where staff say it will go on sale by late April.
Hitachi Australia has revealed that it is sponsoring the 2010 Sydney Festival, donating six installation-grade LCD projectors for use in the foyer of the Seymour Centre.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Fujitsu is breaking new ground in the cell phone market with the imminent introduction of a cell phone that splits into two parts.
Japan's QD Laser has developed a compact green laser that could energize the market for high-definition micro-projectors.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC