If you have used a laptop computer, you are aware that they generate a substantial amount of heat. The battery is one of the components that generates the most heat, and in the case of specific batteries from HP, the heat may be enough to spark a fir...
More than 500,000 units of Targus' Universal Wall Power Adapters for laptops have been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Hewlett-Packard has recalled Lithium-Ion batteries used in some of its laptops, as they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said on Thursday.
Friday's laptop battery recall -- prompted by reports of more than a dozen fires, including at least two injuries -- does not affect Apple laptops, Sony confirmed Friday.
Three of the biggest laptop computer makers are recalling certain batteries because of a risk they may overheat and catch fire. Sony made the batteries and the recall mirrors -- yet appears a lot smaller than -- a similar one that occurred two years ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW