QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
Overclocking refers to pushing your computer components harder and faster than the manufacturer designed them to go. The initial pitch is seductive: Buy a slower, lower-cost CPU; juice up the clock speed; and presto! You have a cheap, high-end proces...
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA