AMD's high-performance FX desktop processors were on ice recently, but the product line is getting a new lease of life by going into laptops for the first time.
Thin-and-light laptops have so far had to compromise on graphics to extend battery life, but Advanced Micro Devices wants to change that with its new laptop processors called Kaveri.
AMD has cornered the gaming market as Sony’s PS4 and the Xbox One use its processors. Now the company is taking advantage of this gaming experience with its Kaveri range of processors.
Intel wants to deliver more performance to tablets while curbing power consumption, and has launched a new Core M line of processors to meet those needs.
Intel is shipping a new Core i7 chip for gamers that runs at 4.4GHz -- and can be overclocked to 5GHz.
Cavium will begin sampling a family of 64-bit ARM server processors later this year that pack up to 48 cores on a chip and are optimized for particular workloads.
The future of speedy paper-thin tablets running Intel's Broadwell chips seems promising, after we tested the first-ever prototype shown by the chip maker.
In the gold rush for wearables, the key to success is invisibility and long battery life. ARM is pursuing the development of tiny processors that fit the profile.
A new but delayed chip from Intel that promises better performance and lower power consumption for tablets and laptops will take a small but important step forward this week with a planned demonstration at the Computex trade show.
AppliedMicro plans to put ARM mobile chips with 16 cores in servers, but is approaching the market cautiously following the abrupt shutdown of ARM server pioneer Calxeda late last year.
Intel made additional tracks into the automotive market Thursday, announcing a range of products in the emerging connected-car market that could eventually be useful in driverless vehicles.
Low-cost Android tablets from little-known vendors with 3G capabilities may soon hit shelves with chips from Intel, which is looking to replace ARM processors in devices starting at $100.
Intel hopes to expand its offerings for the low-cost Android market by working with Chinese chip maker Rockchip, which primarily makes ARM chips.
Nvidia's upcoming 64-bit Tegra K1 chip could wind up in microservers, which would lead the company into competition with ARM processor makers in that space.
For gamers and desktop users looking to shift to the new DDR4 memory as quickly as possible, the wait will end in the third quarter this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW