Intel has bought its way into the tablet market, but success seems years away in smartphones, despite billions of dollars spent.
To push its mobile chips into the supply streams of more Chinese vendors, Intel is planning to invest up to $US1.6 billion over the next 15 years at a company semiconductor plant in Chengdu.
The processor architecture behind Apple's A7 and A8 chips is getting an incremental upgrade.
Advanced Micro Devices' interest in tablets has waned as the company restructures operations in an effort to turn around its finances.
Intel is shrinking PCs to thumb-sized "compute sticks" that will be out next year.
With advances in chip technology, it's becoming more difficult for Intel to keep up with Moore's Law, but the company's CEO says that remains the key baseline when it comes to adding performance and functionality to its processors.
Qualcomm wants to enter the server market, but it won't do it alone, and will tap expertise in China to build the low-power chips.
Intel will combine its PC and mobile processor divisions under one roof, reflecting a changing market in which the line between tablets and laptops has blurred.
Intel introduced its latest Xeon Phi chip Monday, in what seems to be an effort to prove that its supercomputing chips aren't just a flash in the pan.
Intel next year will start using light pulses to shuffle data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, which could lead to massive advances in high-performance computing
Nvidia's online game-streaming service will launch next week after a year-long beta testing period, but it will only be available to owners of the company's Shield tablet and handheld gaming console.
Open-source computers have so far lacked good graphics, but Gizmosphere's new Gizmo 2 is an exception.
Graphics is not yet a major consideration in wearables, but Imagination hopes to change that as part of a plan to put its new PowerVR graphics technology in a wide range of computing devices.
Chipmaker Qualcomm is facing regulatory investigations in the U.S. and Europe in addition to an ongoing anti-monopoly probe in China.
ARM, whose processors are used in most mobile devices today, is supercharging its latest Mali graphics technology to bring 4K graphics to tablets and smartphones, while also extending device battery life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW