Intel has bought its way into the tablet market, but success seems years away in smartphones, despite billions of dollars spent.
To push its mobile chips into the supply streams of more Chinese vendors, Intel is planning to invest up to $US1.6 billion over the next 15 years at a company semiconductor plant in Chengdu.
The processor architecture behind Apple's A7 and A8 chips is getting an incremental upgrade.
Advanced Micro Devices' interest in tablets has waned as the company restructures operations in an effort to turn around its finances.
Intel is shrinking PCs to thumb-sized "compute sticks" that will be out next year.
With advances in chip technology, it's becoming more difficult for Intel to keep up with Moore's Law, but the company's CEO says that remains the key baseline when it comes to adding performance and functionality to its processors.
Qualcomm wants to enter the server market, but it won't do it alone, and will tap expertise in China to build the low-power chips.
Intel will combine its PC and mobile processor divisions under one roof, reflecting a changing market in which the line between tablets and laptops has blurred.
Intel introduced its latest Xeon Phi chip Monday, in what seems to be an effort to prove that its supercomputing chips aren't just a flash in the pan.
Intel next year will start using light pulses to shuffle data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, which could lead to massive advances in high-performance computing
Nvidia's online game-streaming service will launch next week after a year-long beta testing period, but it will only be available to owners of the company's Shield tablet and handheld gaming console.
Open-source computers have so far lacked good graphics, but Gizmosphere's new Gizmo 2 is an exception.
Graphics is not yet a major consideration in wearables, but Imagination hopes to change that as part of a plan to put its new PowerVR graphics technology in a wide range of computing devices.
Chipmaker Qualcomm is facing regulatory investigations in the U.S. and Europe in addition to an ongoing anti-monopoly probe in China.
ARM, whose processors are used in most mobile devices today, is supercharging its latest Mali graphics technology to bring 4K graphics to tablets and smartphones, while also extending device battery life.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW