Intel has bought its way into the tablet market, but success seems years away in smartphones, despite billions of dollars spent.
To push its mobile chips into the supply streams of more Chinese vendors, Intel is planning to invest up to $US1.6 billion over the next 15 years at a company semiconductor plant in Chengdu.
The processor architecture behind Apple's A7 and A8 chips is getting an incremental upgrade.
Advanced Micro Devices' interest in tablets has waned as the company restructures operations in an effort to turn around its finances.
Intel is shrinking PCs to thumb-sized "compute sticks" that will be out next year.
With advances in chip technology, it's becoming more difficult for Intel to keep up with Moore's Law, but the company's CEO says that remains the key baseline when it comes to adding performance and functionality to its processors.
Qualcomm wants to enter the server market, but it won't do it alone, and will tap expertise in China to build the low-power chips.
Intel will combine its PC and mobile processor divisions under one roof, reflecting a changing market in which the line between tablets and laptops has blurred.
Intel introduced its latest Xeon Phi chip Monday, in what seems to be an effort to prove that its supercomputing chips aren't just a flash in the pan.
Intel next year will start using light pulses to shuffle data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, which could lead to massive advances in high-performance computing
Nvidia's online game-streaming service will launch next week after a year-long beta testing period, but it will only be available to owners of the company's Shield tablet and handheld gaming console.
Open-source computers have so far lacked good graphics, but Gizmosphere's new Gizmo 2 is an exception.
Graphics is not yet a major consideration in wearables, but Imagination hopes to change that as part of a plan to put its new PowerVR graphics technology in a wide range of computing devices.
Chipmaker Qualcomm is facing regulatory investigations in the U.S. and Europe in addition to an ongoing anti-monopoly probe in China.
ARM, whose processors are used in most mobile devices today, is supercharging its latest Mali graphics technology to bring 4K graphics to tablets and smartphones, while also extending device battery life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC