As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
The PowerPC is best known for powering old Mac computers, while MIPS processors were in the first PlayStation, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft and the first $99 Android tablets. Now, both processor families are widely used in equipment like networking...
Samsung may be one of its biggest competitors, but Apple is again turning to the South Korean company to get chips made for the iPhone, according to a report.
To bring its microprocessor designs to emerging markets, ARM Holdings is looking to China and its growing number of electronics vendors to help pave the way.
The company that powers your smartphones and tablets has introduced its most powerful chip design yet, the Cortex-A72, which should find its way into gadgets early next year.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
After more than a year of holding steady, memory prices could fall this year as competition heats up between DRAM makers and excess inventory floods the market.
3D cameras, 4K graphics and biometric log-ins: that's what Intel's latest fifth-generation Core chips will bring to laptops that will start shipping this month. Laptops will also be thinner, faster and offer longer battery life.
They waited for "one last thing" at Nvidia's press conference, but it never came.
Laptop battery life and graphics will get a serious boost with Intel's new Core processors, reaching PCs this month following a long delay.
Nvidia is betting that its new "mobile super chip" will help achieve truly self-driving cars, reflecting a new direction for the company from its traditional market in mobile devices.
Advanced Micro Devices wants its chips in more laptops, and is devising a new strategy to reverse a free fall it has endured in the PC market over the last few years.
Intel is bringing all its assets to bear on the Internet of Things, a hot topic for nearly all IT vendors but one that's especially critical to big chip makers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC