Broadcom's first processor for FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) is now coming on the market in network adapters qualified by EMC, backed by claims it is 80 percent faster than any other FCoE component.
Intel is adding new sensors to its server chips to help companies improve the efficiency of data center cooling systems, with a view to cutting operating costs and prolonging the life of equipment.
Texas Instruments on Tuesday said its OMAP chip had been certified to unlock full 1080p movies from Netflix for smartphones and tablets based on Google's Android 2.3 operating system.
Intel gained microprocessor revenue market share from Advanced Micro Devices during this year's first quarter despite the recent Sandy Bridge chipset woes, research firm IHS iSuppli said this week.
Hewlett-Packard's lawsuit against Oracle over its decision to stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processors is a "publicity stunt" and meant to "lay the blame on Oracle for the disruption that will occur when HP's Itanium-based server busin...
Laptops from top PC makers priced between US$500 and $700 and running on Advanced Micro Devices' latest A-series Fusion processors are on now on sale through online stores.
Alcatel-Lucent is charting a course to the next generation of carrier routers with new silicon that is focused today on delivering services from the edge of a network but could also power a massive packet engine for the core.
Tilera on Tuesday announced a new general-purpose CPU with 100 processing cores, which the company hopes will provide headway into a server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
Silicon Graphics International hopes by 2018 to build supercomputers 500 times faster than the most powerful today, using specially designed accelerator chips made by Intel, SGI's chief technology officer said.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is vying with Intel to become the first company to sell three-dimensional chips that boost the density of transistors in a single semiconductor by up to 1000 times.
Advanced Micro Devices has promised a boost in video and graphics performance from its first Fusion processor aimed at the mainstream PC segment, which will go on sale in laptops later this month and desktops soon after, AMD announced Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced 11 new laptops starting at US$399, running AMD's new chips code-named Llano.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
IBM has made what it claims is the first graphene-based integrated circuit, using many of the same techniques now used to produce silicon circuits. The technique could one day be used to produce superior wireless communication devices and less-expens...
Texas Instruments has lowered its revenue forecast for the second fiscal quarter due to lower demand for its products from Nokia.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT