As thousands of dashcam videos on YouTube vividly demonstrate, drivers see the craziest things. Be it an angry bear, a low-flying aircraft or even a guy riding a shopping cart on the freeway, the videos make for entertaining viewing but also illustra...
Intel wants wearable device technology to be inconspicuous, so it's making its Curie wearable computer available through a button-sized board or as part of a chip package.
Intel will start offering custom chips based on the Xeon D starting in the second half of this year, making it easier to tailor servers to process specific workloads.
Raspberry Pi has inspired many board computers, and Qualcomm is now offering one of its own with a range of features never before seen in the low-price end of the market.
Intel lowered its revenue outlook for the first quarter and now expects to bring in about US$12.8 billion, down from its previous forecast of about $13.7 billion.
Intel's Xeon server chips dominate hardware in data centers, and now they could also end up powering robots on factory floors.
Intel has revealed more details about its next-generation chip code-named Skylake, indicating it will go into a broad range of tablets, PCs and servers.
IBM will roll out a cloud computing service next quarter using OpenPower-based servers, continuing an effort to expand the market for Power processors and challenge Intel in hyperscale data centers.
Intel is famously self-reliant in developing new chip technologies in-house, but it has picked up a bit of help from rival ARM with its latest x86 Atom X3 smartphone chip.
Right now you can't buy Windows-based handsets that run on Intel chips, but that will change later this year with the mobile version of Windows 10.
Intel hopes to reignite excitement in tablets with its new Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail, which will be in devices in a few months.
Qualcomm wants to help future mobile devices learn about their users, by putting cognitive computing capabilities into its next mobile microprocessor, the Snapdragon 820.
Most Chromebooks today are running Intel processors, but chipmaker Mediatek wants to change that as it sees an opportunity to expand its market beyond Android tablets and smartphones.
MediaTek is making a run to capture the processor performance crown for Android tablets with its 64-bit MT8173 mobile chip, set to go into devices during the second half of this year.
Pop quiz: Which is faster, the Atom Z3735F or the Atom Z3735G? If your eyes are glazing over, you're not alone, because even hard-core geeks get confused by Intel's naming convention for the Atom chip family -- which is why they're rebranding it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA