Intel on Tuesday said it was winding down its TV business and reallocating the resources to develop "ultrabooks," smartphones and tablets.
A Hewlett-Packard senior fellow this week told attendees at the International Electronics Forum 2011 in Seville that his company will have a new non-volatile memory chip ready to replace NAND flash and solid state drives (SSD) within 18 months.
Details about Advanced Micro Devices' first eight-core desktop processors, based on its Bulldozer architecture, have appeared on some retail sites ahead of their official launch.
Smartphones and tablets are demanding more computing power, and chip company Adapteva hopes to bring server-type performance to the devices with a chip it is announcing on Monday.
Oracle has launched its new Sparc T4 processor, along with new hardware that it hopes will turn up the heat on server rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
Intel on Monday started shipping new low-power Atom chips built on the platform code-named Cedar Trail, with numerous improvements to boost graphics and application performance over their predecessor.
Just under a month after appointing a new CEO, AMD on Tuesday said that Rick Bergman, the company's senior vice president and general manager of products, was departing the company to pursue other opportunities.
Chip and system-level improvements that Intel is making with the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture will result in laptops out next year with longer battery life and better graphics, the company said this week.
Intel hopes to redefine the PC market with a new category of thin and light laptops called ultrabooks, but at around US$1,000, their hefty price tag leaves questions about the products' viability, attendees at the Intel Developer Forum conference sai...
While Microsoft is embracing the ARM processor architecture for its next Windows client operating system, Windows 8, the company has no immediate plans to develop an ARM-based version of its next Windows Server, the company executive in charge of Win...
Intel hopes to boost its business selling chips to phone makers -- now the domain of rival ARM -- through a partnership announced this week with Google to develop future Android OS versions for mobile devices with Intel chips.
Servers with new Xeon E5 chips based on the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture will become available early next year, Intel officials said on Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday for the first time showed working prototypes of tablets with Google's Android OS and the chip maker's upcoming Atom low-power chip, code-named Medfield.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 OS running on ARM prototype tablets and other devices will be open for developer scrutiny at the software giant's Build conference this week.
The price of DDR3 memory chips used in laptops, desktops and servers will drop over the next two months as memory companies try to clear out excess inventory in a slowing PC market, IT research firm IHS iSuppli reported on Aug. 29.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- With Safe Harbor gone, the hard work on data transfers starts now
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- Meet Project Orca, SAP's new, Hana-based analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW