ARM Holdings has introduced the Cortex-A7, an upcoming microprocessor design that will be used in sub-US$100 smartphones, as well as in high-end smartphones as a companion chip to the more powerful Cortex-A15.
Advanced Micro Devices has appointed former Apple iPhone development chief Mark Papermaster as chief technology officer, where he will take charge of developing AMD's future microprocessors and hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday released the first eight-core desktop chips based on the new Bulldozer architecture, in which cores can run at clock speeds of up to 4.2GHz.
Intel on Tuesday said it was winding down its TV business and reallocating the resources to develop "ultrabooks," smartphones and tablets.
A Hewlett-Packard senior fellow this week told attendees at the International Electronics Forum 2011 in Seville that his company will have a new non-volatile memory chip ready to replace NAND flash and solid state drives (SSD) within 18 months.
Details about Advanced Micro Devices' first eight-core desktop processors, based on its Bulldozer architecture, have appeared on some retail sites ahead of their official launch.
Smartphones and tablets are demanding more computing power, and chip company Adapteva hopes to bring server-type performance to the devices with a chip it is announcing on Monday.
Oracle has launched its new Sparc T4 processor, along with new hardware that it hopes will turn up the heat on server rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
Intel on Monday started shipping new low-power Atom chips built on the platform code-named Cedar Trail, with numerous improvements to boost graphics and application performance over their predecessor.
Just under a month after appointing a new CEO, AMD on Tuesday said that Rick Bergman, the company's senior vice president and general manager of products, was departing the company to pursue other opportunities.
Chip and system-level improvements that Intel is making with the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture will result in laptops out next year with longer battery life and better graphics, the company said this week.
Intel hopes to redefine the PC market with a new category of thin and light laptops called ultrabooks, but at around US$1,000, their hefty price tag leaves questions about the products' viability, attendees at the Intel Developer Forum conference sai...
While Microsoft is embracing the ARM processor architecture for its next Windows client operating system, Windows 8, the company has no immediate plans to develop an ARM-based version of its next Windows Server, the company executive in charge of Win...
Intel hopes to boost its business selling chips to phone makers -- now the domain of rival ARM -- through a partnership announced this week with Google to develop future Android OS versions for mobile devices with Intel chips.
Servers with new Xeon E5 chips based on the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture will become available early next year, Intel officials said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW