Tablets and smartphones will give a much-needed boost this year to the worldwide microprocessor market, which is undergoing a fundamental change with a shift to low-power processors used in energy-efficient devices, research firm IC Insights said.
The first mobile devices with Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon chip featuring an integrated modem will be shown off later this month, the company said on Monday.
Intel saw sales and profits drop in 2012, as the company was hit by a slide in demand for personal computers and its continued inability to make it big in the smartphone and tablet markets, but its data center business continued to grow.
The U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and a consortium of top semiconductor companies are handing out US$194 million to universities for research that addresses the physical limitations of semiconductors and chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) said its fourth quarter net profit increased by 31.6 percent year-over-year, with demand for its chips higher than originally projected.
Intel is taking the first steps to implement thin fiber optics that will use lasers and light as a faster way to move data inside computers, replacing the older and slower electrical wiring technology found in most computers today.
Facebook's Open Compute Project is being expanded to incorporate ARM processors, providing new options for companies shopping for low-cost hardware to build out cloud computing environments.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
Samsung has announced its next Exynos processor for smartphones and tablets, an eight-core chip that uses a novel architecture to provide more performance without sucking up battery life.
Intel expects to see more innovation in PC design in the next year than there has been since the mid-1990s.
Intel has demonstrated its new processors that are expected to power Apple's new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air line-ups when they arrive later this year.
AMD is not interested in entering the low-cost tablet market and will rely on Windows 8 as it tries to find its bearings in the fast-growing tablet market, the company said.
As TV makers show off UltraHD TVs at CES, communications chip maker Broadcom is introducing the guts of future gateways that will be able to bring video for those sets into viewers' homes.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
- Razer Blade Pro (2016) review: Now this is how you do a 'Pro' laptop
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA Engineer with some hands-on knowledge of scripting.NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT