Tablets and smartphones will give a much-needed boost this year to the worldwide microprocessor market, which is undergoing a fundamental change with a shift to low-power processors used in energy-efficient devices, research firm IC Insights said.
The first mobile devices with Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon chip featuring an integrated modem will be shown off later this month, the company said on Monday.
Intel saw sales and profits drop in 2012, as the company was hit by a slide in demand for personal computers and its continued inability to make it big in the smartphone and tablet markets, but its data center business continued to grow.
The U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and a consortium of top semiconductor companies are handing out US$194 million to universities for research that addresses the physical limitations of semiconductors and chips.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) said its fourth quarter net profit increased by 31.6 percent year-over-year, with demand for its chips higher than originally projected.
Intel is taking the first steps to implement thin fiber optics that will use lasers and light as a faster way to move data inside computers, replacing the older and slower electrical wiring technology found in most computers today.
Facebook's Open Compute Project is being expanded to incorporate ARM processors, providing new options for companies shopping for low-cost hardware to build out cloud computing environments.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
Samsung has announced its next Exynos processor for smartphones and tablets, an eight-core chip that uses a novel architecture to provide more performance without sucking up battery life.
Intel expects to see more innovation in PC design in the next year than there has been since the mid-1990s.
Intel has demonstrated its new processors that are expected to power Apple's new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air line-ups when they arrive later this year.
AMD is not interested in entering the low-cost tablet market and will rely on Windows 8 as it tries to find its bearings in the fast-growing tablet market, the company said.
As TV makers show off UltraHD TVs at CES, communications chip maker Broadcom is introducing the guts of future gateways that will be able to bring video for those sets into viewers' homes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW