Intel will start shipping its high-performance Atom smartphone chip with 3D transistors to device makers later this year, who will then test the chip for use in handsets.
Imagination Technologies is moving forward with the development of the MIPS CPU architecture, trying to dispel concerns about the processor's future after acquiring struggling MIPS Technologies late last year for a heavily discounted price.
Samsung has introduced the Galaxy Note 8 tablet with an 8-inch display, adding a new screen size to its expanding lineup of Note products.
Even though PC giants Hewlett-Packard and Dell reported significant year-over-year sales declines, tech stocks, buoyed by signs of confidence from other IT vendors, started to rise again Friday after slumping for most of the week.
Smartphones and tablets with the emerging Wi-Fi wireless networking technology, 802.11ac, will arrive early in the second half of this year, a Qualcomm executive said.
Handset maker ZTE said it will be the first vendor to launch smartphones using Nvidia's Tegra 4 processor, with new models slated to arrive in China before mid-year.
Broadcom says it's invented a chip that can tell your phone where you are all the time without quickly draining your battery.
Hoping to extend Linux's reach to ARM-based networking equipment, the not-for-profit engineering group Linaro has launched an initiative to develop code to run routers, switches and other networking equipment.
Nvidia on Tuesday announced the GeForce GTX Titan, a GPU designed to handle the most demanding games by harnessing the processing power of 2,668 graphics cores.
Chipmaker LSI is taking ARM-based processors to new frontiers with its upcoming AXM5500 family, which will be used in mobile base stations of all sizes.
Nvidia hopes to power sub-$200 smartphones and tablets under $300 with its latest Tegra 4i processor, which is also the company's first chip with an integrated LTE modem.
After a lull, the race to add more processor cores to chips continues. Tilera is developing a new chip that will have more than 100 processor cores as the company looks to outperform ARM and Intel processors in Web-specific tasks.
Best known as the chip provider for OLPC's computing products, Marvell is now seeking to expand its footprint in the mobile device market with a new low-power chip designed for low-cost smartphones and tablets.
Intel's aim is to lead the way in creating the first exaflop supercomputer, so it is making architectural improvements to its processors with the hope to reach that goal between 2018 and 2020.
Intel has scaled back plans for the next version of Itanium in a move that raises questions about the future of the 64-bit server chip, used primarily in Hewlett-Packard's high-end Integrity servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW