Smaller servers are taking over data centers, but Intel believes the future is also bright for powerful big-iron servers, thanks to companies' embrace of machine learning, which requires a lot of horsepower to process complex algorithms and large dat...
Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
As questions persist about the longevity of Moore's Law, an analyst has predicted some specific ways that Intel will keep it going for at least the next few years.
A plan by Qualcomm to get Samsung Electronics to make its Snapdragon 820 chip could lead to faster smartphones, offering longer battery life by early next year.
The PC business enjoyed a bit of a revival last year as companies replaced older systems running Windows XP. Those upgrades are mostly done now, and the slower market has hit Intel's financial results.
The U.S.'s recent denial of Intel chips for China's fastest supercomputer could derail an upgrade to double the machine's processing power.
Intel has shown what it calls the "world's first no-wires" laptop, which has wireless charging and can connect to peripherals without cables.
Erwin Liu is the CEO of a fledgling Chinese startup, and he's been the happy recipient of free chips from Intel.
Intel plans to cut the fat from its RealSense 3D camera so that it can fit the device on a smartphone.
A new generation of low-cost Chromebooks are on the way, running the Intel Braswell chips that are expected to debut later this week.
You win some, you lose some. Microsoft this week dropped support for ARM processors from its Surface tablets with the Surface 3, but adoption of the chip architecture in Chromebooks is growing.
Microsoft's Surface 3 is the first announced device to use Intel's new Cherry Trail Atom chips, but you can expect therm to show up soon in other devices too. So what are the chips capable of and what should we expect?
Intel's chips dominate servers in data centers, but the possible acquisition of Altera could help the company provide a wider variety of custom chips designed to speed up specific applications, analysts said on Friday.
Researchers at Stanford University have come up with a new way to make chips and solar panels using gallium arsenide, a semiconductor that beats silicon in several important areas but is typically too expensive for widespread use.
An IBM project to expand the market for its Power processor is making headway, with new hardware announced Wednesday that aims to challenge Intel's dominance in the data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Microsoft has been conning Windows users for two months
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- Twitter introduces 4 big changes that will make tweets much easier to send and read
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT