Samsung began production of the industry's first ultra-high-speed, 4Gbit, LPDDR3 mobile memory, which it says has performance levels comparable to the standard DRAM used in personal computers.
Intel is expanding into low-cost laptops and tablets starting at US$200 with new low-power Atom chips based on an architecture called Silvermont, which the company is expected to talk about next week, according to a source familiar with Intel's plans...
Programming for multicore systems can be complex, so an industry consortium led by Advanced Micro Devices has taken a step ahead in its goal to eliminate development challenges so applications are portable across devices, architectures and operating ...
In just a few weeks, Intel's one-chip-fits all family of core processors will finally meet Microsoft's one-design-fits all operating system, Windows 8. The chip maker recently announced it will unveil the first round of Haswell Core processors on Jun...
Advanced Micro Devices reported a 31 percent drop in revenue for the first quarter as it continues to battle a weak PC market and lackluster demand for its chips.
The race to make the most advanced chips for smartphones and tablets is gaining steam, with contract chip manufacturer TSMC hastening implementation of its latest manufacturing technology to close a chip-making advantage long held by Intel.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) reported that its first quarter net profit was up 18 percent year-over-year, as its revenue for the period exceeded its projections.
More companies have signed on for ARM's Big.Little chip design technology, which mixes low-power and power-hungry cores for more efficient energy use of chips in smartphones, tablets, servers and other equipment.
More than 25 years after Apple introduced "Knowledge Navigator" as a concept that envisioned the future of computers, Intel has reintroduced the concept as the future of smartphones.
If software-defined networking ultimately changes the landscape of networking, Intel could be one of the biggest beneficiaries -- and might be one of the reasons.
Just a month away from retirement, Intel CEO Paul Otellini has reflected on his four decades with the company during his last quarterly earnings call with analysts and reporters.
Chipmaker LSI is hoping to improve networking performance and flexibility with its ARM-based Axxia 4500 processor family, announced Monday.
Applied Micro Circuits is aiming to make its 64-bit chip for ARM servers more powerful and flexible through a collaboration with specialized chip maker Altera.
The low-power capabilities of ARM-based processors have created high expectations for their use in servers, but one of Dell's top engineers said they are unlikely to take off until 64-bit versions hit the market.
Intel's Atom processors designed for netbooks could be on their last leg, with analysts saying that the chip maker could be tweaking its product road map as PC sales tumble and tablet adoption widens.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Microsoft has been conning Windows users for two months
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- Twitter introduces 4 big changes that will make tweets much easier to send and read
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC