Nvidia, which is betting its future in gaming on the Android OS, has dropped the price of its Shield portable gaming console to US$299. The handheld device will start shipping on June 27.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Many attempts have been made over the last 46 years to rewrite Amdahl's law, a theory that focuses on performance relative to parallel and serial computing. One scientist hopes to prove that Amdahl's law can be surpassed, and that it doesn't apply in...
Smartphone and tablet chips are now making their way into high-performance computers, providing an energy-efficient alternative to the power-hungry server chips used in the world's fastest supercomputers.
A top Intel executive said the power and performance battle with ARM is over, because Intel's upcoming chips based on its Silvermont architecture are ahead on key metrics required to deliver strong performance and battery life on smartphones and tabl...
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
After years of Windows OS exclusivity, Advanced Micro Devices is opening the door to design chips to run Google's Android and Chrome OS in PCs and tablets.
Intel expects tablets containing its upcoming Atom processor code-named Bay Trail will cost under US$200, a company executive said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
A low-power Thunderbolt interconnect for smartphones and tablets is in the works, but the wired technology may not thrive if consumers prefer products using the wireless WiGig specification for data transfers.
Samsung TVs will be able to play movies streamed directly from PCs running Intel's latest processors by the end of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW