Nvidia, which is betting its future in gaming on the Android OS, has dropped the price of its Shield portable gaming console to US$299. The handheld device will start shipping on June 27.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Many attempts have been made over the last 46 years to rewrite Amdahl's law, a theory that focuses on performance relative to parallel and serial computing. One scientist hopes to prove that Amdahl's law can be surpassed, and that it doesn't apply in...
Smartphone and tablet chips are now making their way into high-performance computers, providing an energy-efficient alternative to the power-hungry server chips used in the world's fastest supercomputers.
A top Intel executive said the power and performance battle with ARM is over, because Intel's upcoming chips based on its Silvermont architecture are ahead on key metrics required to deliver strong performance and battery life on smartphones and tabl...
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
After years of Windows OS exclusivity, Advanced Micro Devices is opening the door to design chips to run Google's Android and Chrome OS in PCs and tablets.
Intel expects tablets containing its upcoming Atom processor code-named Bay Trail will cost under US$200, a company executive said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
A low-power Thunderbolt interconnect for smartphones and tablets is in the works, but the wired technology may not thrive if consumers prefer products using the wireless WiGig specification for data transfers.
Samsung TVs will be able to play movies streamed directly from PCs running Intel's latest processors by the end of this year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager (NV1 Clearance)VIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW