Nvidia, which is betting its future in gaming on the Android OS, has dropped the price of its Shield portable gaming console to US$299. The handheld device will start shipping on June 27.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Many attempts have been made over the last 46 years to rewrite Amdahl's law, a theory that focuses on performance relative to parallel and serial computing. One scientist hopes to prove that Amdahl's law can be surpassed, and that it doesn't apply in...
Smartphone and tablet chips are now making their way into high-performance computers, providing an energy-efficient alternative to the power-hungry server chips used in the world's fastest supercomputers.
A top Intel executive said the power and performance battle with ARM is over, because Intel's upcoming chips based on its Silvermont architecture are ahead on key metrics required to deliver strong performance and battery life on smartphones and tabl...
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
After years of Windows OS exclusivity, Advanced Micro Devices is opening the door to design chips to run Google's Android and Chrome OS in PCs and tablets.
Intel expects tablets containing its upcoming Atom processor code-named Bay Trail will cost under US$200, a company executive said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has announced a new strategy that could lead to games that run in the future across PCs and games consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
A low-power Thunderbolt interconnect for smartphones and tablets is in the works, but the wired technology may not thrive if consumers prefer products using the wireless WiGig specification for data transfers.
Samsung TVs will be able to play movies streamed directly from PCs running Intel's latest processors by the end of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
- This week in games: Diablo 4 whispers, Civilization VI launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT