Qualcomm wants to help future mobile devices learn about their users, by putting cognitive computing capabilities into its next mobile microprocessor, the Snapdragon 820.
Most Chromebooks today are running Intel processors, but chipmaker Mediatek wants to change that as it sees an opportunity to expand its market beyond Android tablets and smartphones.
MediaTek is making a run to capture the processor performance crown for Android tablets with its 64-bit MT8173 mobile chip, set to go into devices during the second half of this year.
Pop quiz: Which is faster, the Atom Z3735F or the Atom Z3735G? If your eyes are glazing over, you're not alone, because even hard-core geeks get confused by Intel's naming convention for the Atom chip family -- which is why they're rebranding it.
As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
The PowerPC is best known for powering old Mac computers, while MIPS processors were in the first PlayStation, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft and the first $99 Android tablets. Now, both processor families are widely used in equipment like networking...
Samsung may be one of its biggest competitors, but Apple is again turning to the South Korean company to get chips made for the iPhone, according to a report.
To bring its microprocessor designs to emerging markets, ARM Holdings is looking to China and its growing number of electronics vendors to help pave the way.
The company that powers your smartphones and tablets has introduced its most powerful chip design yet, the Cortex-A72, which should find its way into gadgets early next year.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
After more than a year of holding steady, memory prices could fall this year as competition heats up between DRAM makers and excess inventory floods the market.
3D cameras, 4K graphics and biometric log-ins: that's what Intel's latest fifth-generation Core chips will bring to laptops that will start shipping this month. Laptops will also be thinner, faster and offer longer battery life.
They waited for "one last thing" at Nvidia's press conference, but it never came.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Acer to bring Chrome OS to an all-in-one PC, as vendors experiment
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW