When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
The 64-bit smartphone clash has been joined between rivals Apple and Samsung. But will everyday smartphone buyers even care, much less notice?
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
Chip design firm ARM grabbed the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week when Microsoft announced that its new Windows OS would work on the ARM architecture. ARM processors go into most of the world's smartphones and tablets...
Cringely here, reporting from CES in Vegas, where rude beasts walk the earth (at least, the ones that don't crawl or slither), impeded in their forward progress only by hip-deep mounds of tablet PCs. Everyone appears to be tapping, swiping, and gestu...
A network of hundreds of thousands of home computer users recently discovered a rare celestial object by donating their computers' downtime to a worthy cause.
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW