When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
The 64-bit smartphone clash has been joined between rivals Apple and Samsung. But will everyday smartphone buyers even care, much less notice?
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
Chip design firm ARM grabbed the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week when Microsoft announced that its new Windows OS would work on the ARM architecture. ARM processors go into most of the world's smartphones and tablets...
Cringely here, reporting from CES in Vegas, where rude beasts walk the earth (at least, the ones that don't crawl or slither), impeded in their forward progress only by hip-deep mounds of tablet PCs. Everyone appears to be tapping, swiping, and gestu...
A network of hundreds of thousands of home computer users recently discovered a rare celestial object by donating their computers' downtime to a worthy cause.
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW