When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
The 64-bit smartphone clash has been joined between rivals Apple and Samsung. But will everyday smartphone buyers even care, much less notice?
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
Chip design firm ARM grabbed the spotlight at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week when Microsoft announced that its new Windows OS would work on the ARM architecture. ARM processors go into most of the world's smartphones and tablets...
Cringely here, reporting from CES in Vegas, where rude beasts walk the earth (at least, the ones that don't crawl or slither), impeded in their forward progress only by hip-deep mounds of tablet PCs. Everyone appears to be tapping, swiping, and gestu...
A network of hundreds of thousands of home computer users recently discovered a rare celestial object by donating their computers' downtime to a worthy cause.
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW