Google will no longer scan the email messages of students and other school staff who use its Google Apps for Education suite, exempting about 30 million users from the chronically controversial practice for Gmail advertising.
Cybercriminals stole debit card information from customers of dozens of financial institutions in a phishing campaign that combined rogue text messages and with VoIP calls.
Police shouldn't be able to search suspects' mobile phones at the time of arrest because of the huge amounts of private information now stored on those devices, lawyers for two criminal defendants argued before U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
U.S. officials applauded the outcome of this week's NETmundial conference on Internet governance while downplaying its strong language on surveillance and disagreements on net neutrality.
Rather than delete your entire browsing history after visiting a website you want to keep secret, there's an easy way to remove individual sites.
The security researcher who identified an admin backdoor in a range of routers last year has found that Netgear's patches don't adequately address the security issue.
The Tor Project has flagged 380 Tor relays vulnerable to the critical Heartbleed flaw to be rejected from the Tor anonymity network, reducing the network's entry and exit capacity.
Canadian police have arrested a 19-year-old man for allegedly using the Heartbleed bug to steal data about taxpayers.
A new webmail service called Lavaboom promises to provide easy-to-use email encryption without ever learning its users' private encryption keys or message contents.
Telecom operator Telefónica has launched the first mobile ad-exchange platform to use the operator's customer demographics and real-time location data to serve targeted mobile ads, the company said on Wednesday.
More U.S. Internet users report they have been victims of data breach, while 80 percent want additional restrictions against sharing of online data, according to two surveys released Monday.
Website and server administrators will have to spend considerable time, effort and money to mitigate all the security risks associated with Heartbleed, one of the most severe vulnerabilities to endanger encrypted SSL communications in recent years.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday cleared a path for Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp to proceed, though it called on both companies to be mindful of their data collection policies.
A Swedish ISP has deleted all retained customer data after European Union laws that require communications providers to retain metadata were invalidated by the EU's supreme court earlier this week. The ISP on Thursday called on other providers to do ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW