U.S. President Barack Obama won't pardon National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, despite strong public support for it, the White House said Tuesday.
U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
As European Union lawmakers in the Commission, Parliament and Council debate a new data protection law, the EU's data protection watchdog has chimed in, expressing some concerns and saying individuals' privacy rights should be at the core of the legi...
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
The U.S. National Security Agency will lose access to the bulk telephone records data it has collected at the end of November, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Monday.
Companies often fail to hide if an email address is associated with an account on their websites, even if the nature of their business calls for this and users implicitly expect it.
A surveillance law rushed through the French parliament in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris in January is constitutional, the country's highest court ruled late Thursday. The decision gives law enforcers and intelligence agencies the ...
A federal appeals court in Ohio has ruled that a person who accidentally "pocket dials" someone shouldn't expect any overheard conversation to be considered private.
Microsoft will make it easier for people to request the removal of links to intimate images or videos from the company's Bing search engine if such content was posted online without their consent.
A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Air passengers entering or leaving the European Union could soon have their personal details stored and shared among EU countries, after lawmakers voted Wednesday to move forward with the proposal.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
A Vietnamese man linked to a data breach of 200 million personal records at a subsidiary of credit monitoring firm Experian has been sentenced to 13 years in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT