Technical advances -- and questionable use -- are fast accelerating the need for policies regarding the unmanned future of our skies
privacy in pictures
It's OK to be paranoid about every last detail when it comes to security.
It's not just your boss or the government that's spying on you, it's also the devices and technologies you embrace.
Technology is not evil, only its use or misuse.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Mozilla wants to make private browsing truly private.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
If you're worried about Big Brother monitoring you from security cameras, Japan has developed eyewear that can keep you anonymous.
A security researcher today provided a way for users to see whether their e-mail addresses and passwords were among the 1.3 million compromised in a hack of Gawker Media's sites.
In 2003, author and security pioneer Simson Garfinkel conducted a study of data he found on second-hand hard drives. On eBay, Garfinkel bought the hard drive from an old ATM machine; it held 827 bank account PINs. Another drive he purchased on eBay h...
Your digital photo files hold all sorts of interesting information. You probably know that you can find the date and time taken, date modified, and exposure information in your photo's metadata.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Vague policies, rogue apps, zombie phones can doom even the best Bring Your Own Device intentions. But the good news is it's not too late to make game-changing adjustments.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW