Vodafone has reduced its international call rates for prepaid customers in 12 countries in a bid to become the cheapest telecommunications provider for Australians travelling overseas.
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, will be giving away $30 of Globalgig credit with any SIM-enabled tablet purchased between December 5, 2013, and January 31, 2014.
Vodafone will double the data allowance on its $30 prepaid cap from 500MB to 1GB as part of a Christmas promotion, but the deal is a limited one that will only run until the end of January 2014.
Telstra wholesaler, ispONE, has filed an application with the Federal Court seeking to restrain Telstra from terminating the supply of prepaid mobile services to ispONE.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
Latest News Articles
- Glass all gone after one-day sale, Google says
- Mt. Gox has filed for liquidation in Japan, says report
- Microsoft's Chinese partner confident Xbox can compete against Android consoles
- Sony launches 6in dual-SIM smartphone for sub-$500
- Ukraine tensions could hurt international security efforts, Kaspersky says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
- 5 Who makes the better smartphone, Samsung or HTC?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 18% off $899 free shipping
- 6% off $749 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »