A group of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have devised a potentially more effective way of helping computers solve some of the toughest optimization problems they face.
Toyota chose the International CES this week to exhibit a test version of its zero-emission Fuel Cell Vehicle (FCV) concept car, which was unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show last fall.
More than two decades ago, neural networks were widely seen as the next generation of computing, one that would finally allow computers to think for themselves.
Researchers at Cornell University have successfully fabricated a working loudspeaker using a 3D printer.
The U.S. Defense Department may have found a new way to scan millions of lines of software code for vulnerabilities, namely by turning the practice into a set of video games and puzzles and have volunteers do the work.
The Space X Falcon 9 rocket appears to have passed an important step, with the launch of a telecommunications satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
Amazon.com plans to deliver packages to customers using unmanned aerial vehicles in 30 minutes or less.
Controversial quantum device maker D-Wave is hoping to find a home for its cutting-edge technology in the high-performance computing (HPC) market.
With memory, as with real estate, location matters. A group of researchers from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and the Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory have found that the altitude at which SRAM (static random access memory) reside...
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers have developed a device that can see through walls and pinpoint a person with incredible accuracy. They call it the "Kinect of the future," after Microsoft's Xbox 360 motion sensing camera.
The device looks like a small piece of carry-on luggage, but it has a more important job than carrying a toothbrush, deodorant and a couple of pairs of underwear.
Researchers at Stanford University have demonstrated the first functional computer built using only carbon nanotube transistors, according to an article published Wednesday on the cover of scientific journal Nature.
Nissan is working on a smart watch that will monitor both its Nismo cars and their drivers.
A powerful Delta IV Heavy rocket launched a classified reconnaissance satellite into space from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW