When not busy helping to find new treatments for cancer, IBM Watson is helping to cook up a few new dishes as well.
IBM continues to make the case for the nascent field of cognitive computing, showing off some Watson prototypes that could help speed scientific discovery in the medical field, by scanning large volumes of literature and data far more quickly then hu...
A San Francisco startup that wants to provide daily updated satellite views of the entire planet has begun launching its second batch of satellites.
The robot uprising must surely be close at hand, as Ivy League scientists are diligently working to give machines the ability to collaborate with themselves without intervention from the humans.
DigitalGlobe's WorldView 3 satellite, scheduled to launch next week, promises to bring unprecedented resolution to commercial satellite imagery.
Amazon made headlines this month when it sought permission from the U.S. government to test its drone-based delivery service, but it's far from the only company that's applied for such approval.
Amazon.com has asked the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration permission to test drones outdoors for use in its Prime Air package delivery service.
Typically the stuff of mystery, a real flying saucer could appear over the Hawaiian island of Kauai later this week, but it won't be coming from outer space. The rocket-powered, saucer-like craft is part of a NASA project that could aid missions to o...
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration on Monday interpreted existing rules to prohibit hobbyists' model aircraft from flying within 5 miles (8 kilometers) of an airport without clearance from the airport or ground control.
Now that big data technologies like Apache Hadoop are moving into the enterprise, system engineers must start building models that can estimate how much work these distributed data processing systems can do and how quickly they can get their work don...
A computer-powered chatbot that supposedly passed the Turing Test for artificial intelligence may not be all it's cracked up to be.
One federal regulator sees a potentially bright future in driverless cars like those made by Google -- if their technology actually succeeds in making roads safer.
A supercomputer has achieved an artificial intelligence milestone by passing the Turing Test, according to the University of Reading in the U.K.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is considering exemptions that will allow the use of drones for filming movies.
Four transmitting telescopes in the New Mexico desert, each just 6 inches in diameter, can give a satellite orbiting the moon faster Internet access than many U.S. homes get.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW