The Federal Aviation Administration will announce on Sunday its long-awaited proposed rules for commercial operation of drones.
A California aviation enthusiast will launch on Tuesday a database that promises to allow people to set up "drone no-fly zones" around their properties.
As each new generation of computer processors arrives with a larger number of computing cores, computer scientists grapple with how best to make use of this proliferation of parallel power.
These days, making a call across the U.S. is so easy that people often don't even know they're talking coast to coast. But 100 years ago Sunday, it took a hackathon, a new technology and an international exposition to make it happen.
Google may invest about US$1 billion in SpaceX, a company that aims to use satellites to deliver low-cost Internet to underserved regions of the earth, according to reports.
If you love the lasers of science fiction, rejoice because the future will be full of them, according to Nobel laureate Shuji Nakamura, co-inventor of the blue light-emitting diode (LED).
How good are you at sizing someone up? Perhaps not as good as a computer, according to researchers at the University of Cambridge and Stanford University.
For the 22nd year in a row, IBM has produced more US patents than any other company, a success that it attributes, at least in part, to the global diversity of its researchers.
European ministers want tighter watch on Internet content ... Obama will propose faster reporting of corporate hacks ... Alibaba may buy into India e-commerce... and more news for Monday.
To better anticipate the next Sandy-size hurricane, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is upgrading the supercomputers it uses for predicting the weather.
Science may have confirmed what parents of gadget-loving children have long suspected: Using light-emitting gadgets just before bedtime can interfere with sleep.
Skin cancer can be detected more quickly and accurately by using cognitive computing-based visual analytics, researchers at IBM Research have found, in collaboration with New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Have an idea for how the much-anticipated Internet of Things should operate? If the idea is good enough, Google may pay you to see it to fruition.
A San Francisco startup has solved one of the drawbacks with a lot of car-sharing services -- though you'll have to make do with two wheels instead of four.
Near misses between drones and aircraft are on the increase, with pilots of airplanes sometimes having to take evasive action, according to data released by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to some news outlets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC