Extending its expertise in the field of high performance computing (HPC), IBM is acquiring cluster computing software vendor Platform Computing, the companies announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Enterprise servers may get a lot busier, at least if their administrators adopt one of two freshly upgraded job schedulers, both of which promise greater control in the scheduling of workloads across many servers.
Much of the talk about cloud computing in data centers has been about enterprise workloads, but high-performance computing (HPC) customers are getting some options as well.
Latest News Articles
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US
- PHP gets a formal specification, at last
- University researchers develop glasses-free display
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Top five budget smartphones money can buy (Part I, 2014)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $107 free shipping
- $17.66 free shipping
- $721.24 free shipping
- 27% off $579.95
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »