Sharp is close to commercializing its first product that uses a MEMS display -- a new type of flat-panel display that boasts deeper and richer colors than traditional LCD screens and lower power consumption.
Sharp has set 2017 as its target for mass production of a new display it says will reduce power consumption in smartphones and tablets.
A recent patent filing by Apple shows the company is developing a way to create thinner, brighter touchscreens for its laptop and mobile devices, such as iPhone smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW