Owners of fixed-code garage door openers might want to consider upgrading them because a researcher has developed a technique that guesses the numbers in seconds.
Have you ever heard stories about malicious USB thumb drives frying laptops and thought they were far fetched? An electronics engineer heard them too, and then set out to create a prototype.
Industrial computer manufacturer Advantech has fixed a critical vulnerability in a series of devices that handle data communication for industrial equipment with serial connections and TCP/IP networks.
Over 5,000 devices used by gas stations in the U.S. to monitor their fuel tank levels can be manipulated from the Internet by malicious attackers.
Light bulbs equipped with Wi-Fi could soon lower your electric bills and do even more -- like scaring away burglars.
In 1993, Private Investigator Joe Seanor had wrapped up employment stints in the CIA and the Department of Justice, and was looking for something new in his professional life.
About fifteen years ago, my husband and his colleague had their laptop computers stolen out of a car. They were fearful of reporting the incident to their boss, largely because the laptops had cost the company about US$7,000 each. A $14,000 hit to th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW