A newly unearthed bug in certain versions of the PHP scripting language could crash servers when the software is given the task of converting a large floating point number, raising the possibility that the glitch could be exploited by hackers.
While technology vendors continue to pound home the message of cloud computing, PHP developers Tuesday viewed the concept as overhyped and were not in agreement on its benefits.
PHP development tools maker Zend Technologies will make mobile access to applications a critical part of its product strategy on Tuesday, along with emphasizing cloud computing.
Developers at an open source company in Spain are leading an effort to boost PHP application development for Android-based phones.
Webmasters who find an annoying error message on their sites may have caught a big break, thanks to a slip-up by the authors of the Gumblar botnet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW