Silhouettes demonstrate how awesome it can be to occasionally break the "rules" of photography. It's pretty easy to photograph a silhouette--many new photographers do it all the time. They just don't always do it on purpose.
Make sure your images are striking, not blurred -- this Photoshop tutorial show a quick way to transform a photo.
Your digital photo files hold all sorts of interesting information. You probably know that you can find the date and time taken, date modified, and exposure information in your photo's metadata.
Here in the digital age, we are pretty spoiled. Unlike my parents and their shelf of photo albums filled with sticky pages and clear covers,
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta. With a click or two, you'll be able to create completely formatted HTML-based albums, ready for the Web. To make the album live, upload its entir...
"How do I get rid of red eye in my photos?" is the second most common question I get from readers.(The most common, of course, is "Are you as handsome in real life as you are in your photo?" and the answer, of course, is yes.) This week let's look at...
A picture may tell a thousand words, but all too often it's not that flattering a story. As many of us have learned to our cost, having the whole world see what we've been up to, courtesy of tags added by well-meaning friends, is not always cause for...
If you’ve ever spent ages composing a shot of a breathtaking landscape, only to be disappointed at how poorly the photograph represents the majesty of the scene, you’ll understand how marked a difference there is between what the human eye can see an...
Black-and-white photography is back
Panoramas--images that combine a series of photos into a sweeping vista larger or wider than what you could capture in a single photograph--are among the most exciting and unexpected benefits of digital photography.
Theft comes in many forms, but it doesn't matter whether we're talking about your car or an old cassette tape of Frampton Comes Alive that you left lying around at work; you feel violated either way. Digital photos are no different. I hear stories al...
If eyes really are the windows into one's soul, then it probably helps to keep those windows bright and clean.
A lot of photos arrive in my inbox each week -- entries for the Hot Pics of PC World (US). I feel honored to be privy to so many slices of my readers' lives. I see artistically crafted vistas taken on vacation; silly moments with kids and pets; speci...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW