Silhouettes demonstrate how awesome it can be to occasionally break the "rules" of photography. It's pretty easy to photograph a silhouette--many new photographers do it all the time. They just don't always do it on purpose.
Make sure your images are striking, not blurred -- this Photoshop tutorial show a quick way to transform a photo.
Your digital photo files hold all sorts of interesting information. You probably know that you can find the date and time taken, date modified, and exposure information in your photo's metadata.
Here in the digital age, we are pretty spoiled. Unlike my parents and their shelf of photo albums filled with sticky pages and clear covers,
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta. With a click or two, you'll be able to create completely formatted HTML-based albums, ready for the Web. To make the album live, upload its entir...
"How do I get rid of red eye in my photos?" is the second most common question I get from readers.(The most common, of course, is "Are you as handsome in real life as you are in your photo?" and the answer, of course, is yes.) This week let's look at...
A picture may tell a thousand words, but all too often it's not that flattering a story. As many of us have learned to our cost, having the whole world see what we've been up to, courtesy of tags added by well-meaning friends, is not always cause for...
If you’ve ever spent ages composing a shot of a breathtaking landscape, only to be disappointed at how poorly the photograph represents the majesty of the scene, you’ll understand how marked a difference there is between what the human eye can see an...
Black-and-white photography is back
Panoramas--images that combine a series of photos into a sweeping vista larger or wider than what you could capture in a single photograph--are among the most exciting and unexpected benefits of digital photography.
Theft comes in many forms, but it doesn't matter whether we're talking about your car or an old cassette tape of Frampton Comes Alive that you left lying around at work; you feel violated either way. Digital photos are no different. I hear stories al...
If eyes really are the windows into one's soul, then it probably helps to keep those windows bright and clean.
A lot of photos arrive in my inbox each week -- entries for the Hot Pics of PC World (US). I feel honored to be privy to so many slices of my readers' lives. I see artistically crafted vistas taken on vacation; silly moments with kids and pets; speci...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW