Silhouettes demonstrate how awesome it can be to occasionally break the "rules" of photography. It's pretty easy to photograph a silhouette--many new photographers do it all the time. They just don't always do it on purpose.
Make sure your images are striking, not blurred -- this Photoshop tutorial show a quick way to transform a photo.
Your digital photo files hold all sorts of interesting information. You probably know that you can find the date and time taken, date modified, and exposure information in your photo's metadata.
Here in the digital age, we are pretty spoiled. Unlike my parents and their shelf of photo albums filled with sticky pages and clear covers,
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta. With a click or two, you'll be able to create completely formatted HTML-based albums, ready for the Web. To make the album live, upload its entir...
"How do I get rid of red eye in my photos?" is the second most common question I get from readers.(The most common, of course, is "Are you as handsome in real life as you are in your photo?" and the answer, of course, is yes.) This week let's look at...
A picture may tell a thousand words, but all too often it's not that flattering a story. As many of us have learned to our cost, having the whole world see what we've been up to, courtesy of tags added by well-meaning friends, is not always cause for...
If you’ve ever spent ages composing a shot of a breathtaking landscape, only to be disappointed at how poorly the photograph represents the majesty of the scene, you’ll understand how marked a difference there is between what the human eye can see an...
Black-and-white photography is back
Panoramas--images that combine a series of photos into a sweeping vista larger or wider than what you could capture in a single photograph--are among the most exciting and unexpected benefits of digital photography.
Theft comes in many forms, but it doesn't matter whether we're talking about your car or an old cassette tape of Frampton Comes Alive that you left lying around at work; you feel violated either way. Digital photos are no different. I hear stories al...
If eyes really are the windows into one's soul, then it probably helps to keep those windows bright and clean.
A lot of photos arrive in my inbox each week -- entries for the Hot Pics of PC World (US). I feel honored to be privy to so many slices of my readers' lives. I see artistically crafted vistas taken on vacation; silly moments with kids and pets; speci...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW