Here's an interesting tidbit from the world of science: Every light source, from the sun to a candle to a light bulb, puts out a somewhat different range of colors. What looks like pure white under one kind of light appears blue or red in a different...
Halloween is behind us, and you know what that means: The holiday season has descended.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
Recently, a friend of mine congratulated me for selling one of my wildlife photos. When I asked him what he meant, he sent me a link to a site that was prominently using a shot I had taken of some wolves. The problem? I had never given the site owner...
Until recently, the prohibitive cost of digital SLR (dSLR) cameras meant that many amateur photographers settled for budget-friendly point-and-click compacts. This is a shame, since dSLRs offer a great deal of manual control over settings such as ape...
Everyone loves photos with a sharply defined subject and a blurry, indistinct background. This powerful photographic effect has been used for ages--and it's shallow depth of field at work.
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 o...
Panoramas have been around for at least a century. In the old days, though, you had to combine a series of photos using scissors, tape, and elbow grease. These days, smart software seamlessly integrates your photos with little or no effort on your pa...
You can probably guess that a digital SLR is going to give you better results than a point and shoot--but you can still get good photos with even a compact camera.
Flickr is the most popular place on the Web for people to share and manage their photos, and to view images taken by others.
Ever wonder how photographers get the amazing results you see in professional portraits and glamour shots? Well, to be blunt, they cheat. No one ever said that photography had to accurately reflect reality; photographers commonly tweak lighting, colo...
Image stabilization technology in cameras and in lenses has revolutionized digital photography, enabling photographers to get dramatically sharper photos without hauling around a tripod.
Do you use layers when editing your digital photos? If not, you're missing out on the single most powerful tool in your photo editing repertoire. Layers may seem baffling at first, but they're not hard to use--and they unleash all sorts of powerful d...
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
PC World reader Arcticsid wants to mail lots of photos to friends, but he doesn't want to choke their inboxes with multiple megabytes. He asked the Answer Line forum for advice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW