Here's an interesting tidbit from the world of science: Every light source, from the sun to a candle to a light bulb, puts out a somewhat different range of colors. What looks like pure white under one kind of light appears blue or red in a different...
Halloween is behind us, and you know what that means: The holiday season has descended.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
Recently, a friend of mine congratulated me for selling one of my wildlife photos. When I asked him what he meant, he sent me a link to a site that was prominently using a shot I had taken of some wolves. The problem? I had never given the site owner...
Until recently, the prohibitive cost of digital SLR (dSLR) cameras meant that many amateur photographers settled for budget-friendly point-and-click compacts. This is a shame, since dSLRs offer a great deal of manual control over settings such as ape...
Everyone loves photos with a sharply defined subject and a blurry, indistinct background. This powerful photographic effect has been used for ages--and it's shallow depth of field at work.
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 o...
Panoramas have been around for at least a century. In the old days, though, you had to combine a series of photos using scissors, tape, and elbow grease. These days, smart software seamlessly integrates your photos with little or no effort on your pa...
You can probably guess that a digital SLR is going to give you better results than a point and shoot--but you can still get good photos with even a compact camera.
Flickr is the most popular place on the Web for people to share and manage their photos, and to view images taken by others.
Ever wonder how photographers get the amazing results you see in professional portraits and glamour shots? Well, to be blunt, they cheat. No one ever said that photography had to accurately reflect reality; photographers commonly tweak lighting, colo...
Image stabilization technology in cameras and in lenses has revolutionized digital photography, enabling photographers to get dramatically sharper photos without hauling around a tripod.
Do you use layers when editing your digital photos? If not, you're missing out on the single most powerful tool in your photo editing repertoire. Layers may seem baffling at first, but they're not hard to use--and they unleash all sorts of powerful d...
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
PC World reader Arcticsid wants to mail lots of photos to friends, but he doesn't want to choke their inboxes with multiple megabytes. He asked the Answer Line forum for advice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC