Despite a blizzard of bad press about the iPhone 4's antenna, more than nine out of 10 consumers who have the smartphone said they're happy with their purchase, a pollster said today.
Hoping to leapfrog over Google and Apple's successes in the smartphone market, Microsoft plans to use cloud-based speech recognition and natural language processing technology to offer user interface capabilities not found on the iPhone or Android de...
A pact announced last year for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) to go to work putting Intel Atom microprocessors into smartphones, mobile Internet devices and other gadgets looks to remain on hold for a while.
The exploit used to jailbreak Apple's newest iPhone operating system is both "beautiful" and "scary," a noted vulnerability researcher said Monday.
Research in Motion (RIM) unveiled its first BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard at a New York City press event on Tuesday. The phone is also the first BlackBerry to run 6 OS. The Torch 9800 will debut August 12...
From a tech specs perspective, Research in Motion's new BlackBerry Torch smartphone isn't groundbreaking. Rather, its success or failure will hinge upon the strength of its revamped operating system.
If you can't beat them, buy them. At least that's what executives at Intel Corp. seem to be thinking.
When you have a product that has been successful for several years, but has fallen somewhat behind the times, it can be difficult to figure out what to change and what to leave alone.
German software vendor Cortado has added Android-based smartphones to the list of devices using version 5.0 of its Corporate Server platform that can access network printers and documents stored in corporate networks, the company said on Tuesday.
Research In Motion executives on Tuesday said the company isn't ignoring Flash, but continuing to work with Adobe Systems on bringing support for the multimedia platform on its mobile devices.
Watch out Apple. Android phones are now more popular than the iPhone when it comes to new buyers, according to a report released Monday by the Nielsen company. The victory is a milestone for Android-based phones; both proving that the iPhone's succes...
Apple's iOS, in the newer iPhones and the iPad, is now secure enough for many enterprise to deploy, according to a report from Forrester Research. But even the most recent version of iOS, in the iPhone 4, falls well short of the high security offered...
Hot on the heels of the U.S. Copyright office declaring jailbreaking smartphones legal, a new web-based iOS jailbreak tool has surfaced. The new tool makes the jailbreaking process leaps and bounds simpler than past PC-based tools.
Android took the top U.S. spot among smartphones shipped in the second quarter, according to new research from Canalys.
Between one and four million users of Android phones have downloaded wallpaper apps that swipe personal data from the phone and transmit it to a Chinese-owned server, a mobile security firm said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT