Say all you want about whether Windows Phone 7 (WP7) will succeed, but AT&T continues to back the platform wholeheartedly after endorsing it -- and Microsoft 's mobile efforts -- repeatedly over the last year.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Sprint Nextel today said that its NextMail voice messaging service is now available on all of the devices the carrier sells.
Citigroup has urged customers conducting mobile banking from their iPhones to immediately upgrade because a security flaw in the older app secreted account information on the smartphone.
The CTIA, a group representing mobile operators, is trying to block a San Francisco ordinance that would require stores to disclose radiation levels for the phones they sell.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
As promised last week, Apple today rolled out its free case program for iPhone 4 owners who are having reception problems with the popular new smartphone.
Barnes & Noble Thursday launched Nook for Android, a version of its free e-reading app for devices running Android 1.6 or higher, which include smartphones such as the Droid X.
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
Nokia reported flat sales for the second quarter, with a 40 percent year-on-year drop in earnings. The company is still seeing customers shun its high-end smartphones.
Research In Motion has been slowly releasing details of its forthcoming BlackBerry 6 operating system and this week outlined some of the multimedia features.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
For the third time in the last four quarters, Apple today reported it sold a record number of Macs, although sales of the iPhone slipped slightly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW