Say all you want about whether Windows Phone 7 (WP7) will succeed, but AT&T continues to back the platform wholeheartedly after endorsing it -- and Microsoft 's mobile efforts -- repeatedly over the last year.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Sprint Nextel today said that its NextMail voice messaging service is now available on all of the devices the carrier sells.
Citigroup has urged customers conducting mobile banking from their iPhones to immediately upgrade because a security flaw in the older app secreted account information on the smartphone.
The CTIA, a group representing mobile operators, is trying to block a San Francisco ordinance that would require stores to disclose radiation levels for the phones they sell.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
As promised last week, Apple today rolled out its free case program for iPhone 4 owners who are having reception problems with the popular new smartphone.
Barnes & Noble Thursday launched Nook for Android, a version of its free e-reading app for devices running Android 1.6 or higher, which include smartphones such as the Droid X.
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
Nokia reported flat sales for the second quarter, with a 40 percent year-on-year drop in earnings. The company is still seeing customers shun its high-end smartphones.
Research In Motion has been slowly releasing details of its forthcoming BlackBerry 6 operating system and this week outlined some of the multimedia features.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
For the third time in the last four quarters, Apple today reported it sold a record number of Macs, although sales of the iPhone slipped slightly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT