In June 2007, Apple released the iPhone, and the device quickly took off to become a major brand in the smartphone market. Yet when the iPhone shipped, security on the mobile operating system was nearly nonexistent. Missing from the initial iOS (then...
HTC has posted a new promotional video for its upcoming Android tablet, which will either be named the Flyer--its moniker in the video--or the smartphone-like Evo View 4G when it arrives this summer.
With Apple preparing to talk about the future of iOS at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June, and the rumor mill churning, it's time for an old tradition: the iPhone feature wish list.
Even by the new standards of cell phone advertising, the run-up to the HTC ThunderBolt -- Verizon's first 4G LTE smartphone -- was elaborate and expensive. Gatefold ads in mass-market magazines and high-profile TV spots on the Oscars, NASCAR and coll...
Roll out the welcome wagon, Android fans: It looks like you'll soon have a new place to shop.
Odds are, if you ask anyone waiting in line for an iPad 2, they'll list plenty of reasons why they're lusting after Apple's latest camera(s)-equipped tablet.
Android has always frustrated me. I've tracked Google's mobile operating system ever since its debut on the T-Mobile G1, and time and again I've seen new versions fall short of overhauling the interface into a clean, user-friendly experience that can...
First things first: The Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet is no iPad-killer -- yet.
To buy or not to buy? That's the question right now as the Motorola Xoom, Google's first Android Honeycomb tablet, gets ready to make its grand debut.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
As Mobile World Congress 2011 draws to a close, it's time to take stock of the plethora of smartphones and tablet PCs we saw for the first time. Tomorrow, we'll bring you the best tablet PCs of MWC 2011, but here, in no particular order, are smartpho...
The last week has brought nothing but good news for Microsoft and Windows Phone 7. Between Nokia's hardware commitment, Angry Birds on the way and Microsoft's own announcement of a roadmap for vital features such as multitasking, Windows Phone 7 seem...
It's hard to remember now, but there was a time when Finland was at the center of the cell phone universe. As cell phones overtook pagers, then smartphones overtook cell phones, Nokia was the hottest company in the industry.
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-...
Mobile World Congress hasn't even started, but the next generation of super phones are already being unveiled. Samsung showed off its latest, the Galaxy S II, at its flashy Unpacked event in Barcelona. The Galaxy S II sports a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED P...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW