Facebook and other tech companies in Silicon Valley are facing increasing pressure from its shuttle drivers to improve working conditions, amid concern about growing inequality in the area.
IBM's new man in charge of the Cloud business is moving fast.
The head of IBM's SoftLayer Cloud services business has left the company, hard on the heels of IBM naming another executive to lead a new Cloud division.
Michael Devine, who helped sink an earlier settlement between tech companies and workers in a lawsuit over an alleged conspiracy to prevent poaching of staff, has supported a new settlement proposed last week.
Intel and three other tech companies, accused of conspiring to prevent the poaching of each other's employees, have reached a new settlement with the workers.
Two of Concur's three co-founders are leaving the travel and expense software company just a few weeks after SAP closed its acquisition of the vendor.
Intel is hosting a meeting organized by Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push Coalition, which has been demanding higher employment for blacks, Latinos and women in tech companies.
The head of the mobile business at Samsung Electronics will continue in his job, as the South Korean company has decided to continue with a three CEO structure adopted last year.
Samsung Electronics is considering a key management overhaul that could see the company's head of TVs and home appliances also overseeing its underperforming mobile business, according to a news report.
Drivers of buses that shuttle employees to Facebook's campus have decided to unionize, reflecting an increasingly assertive contract workforce at tech companies in California.
Ride-sharing platform Lyft has sued its former COO, Travis VanderZanden, for allegedly breaching a confidentiality agreement, charging that he uploaded company documents to a personal Dropbox account before joining rival operator Uber.
The leadership shakeup at Advanced Micro Devices continued on Monday with the company appointing Forrest Norrod, formerly from Dell, to run its server and custom chip businesses.
A court filing in May last year has attracted more class action lawsuits, alleging secret no-poaching deals among tech companies to keep salaries low.
A former employee of Oracle has sued the company for allegedly conspiring with Google to prevent poaching of certain categories of managers from each other, in a bid to keep salaries low.
Technology workers have asked an appeals court not to approve a US$324.5 million settlement in Silicon Valley's controversial employee hiring case, according to a document filed Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW