Facebook and other tech companies in Silicon Valley are facing increasing pressure from its shuttle drivers to improve working conditions, amid concern about growing inequality in the area.
IBM's new man in charge of the Cloud business is moving fast.
The head of IBM's SoftLayer Cloud services business has left the company, hard on the heels of IBM naming another executive to lead a new Cloud division.
Michael Devine, who helped sink an earlier settlement between tech companies and workers in a lawsuit over an alleged conspiracy to prevent poaching of staff, has supported a new settlement proposed last week.
Intel and three other tech companies, accused of conspiring to prevent the poaching of each other's employees, have reached a new settlement with the workers.
Two of Concur's three co-founders are leaving the travel and expense software company just a few weeks after SAP closed its acquisition of the vendor.
Intel is hosting a meeting organized by Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push Coalition, which has been demanding higher employment for blacks, Latinos and women in tech companies.
The head of the mobile business at Samsung Electronics will continue in his job, as the South Korean company has decided to continue with a three CEO structure adopted last year.
Samsung Electronics is considering a key management overhaul that could see the company's head of TVs and home appliances also overseeing its underperforming mobile business, according to a news report.
Drivers of buses that shuttle employees to Facebook's campus have decided to unionize, reflecting an increasingly assertive contract workforce at tech companies in California.
Ride-sharing platform Lyft has sued its former COO, Travis VanderZanden, for allegedly breaching a confidentiality agreement, charging that he uploaded company documents to a personal Dropbox account before joining rival operator Uber.
The leadership shakeup at Advanced Micro Devices continued on Monday with the company appointing Forrest Norrod, formerly from Dell, to run its server and custom chip businesses.
A court filing in May last year has attracted more class action lawsuits, alleging secret no-poaching deals among tech companies to keep salaries low.
A former employee of Oracle has sued the company for allegedly conspiring with Google to prevent poaching of certain categories of managers from each other, in a bid to keep salaries low.
Technology workers have asked an appeals court not to approve a US$324.5 million settlement in Silicon Valley's controversial employee hiring case, according to a document filed Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW