IBM will pay a $US44,000 fine to settle a case alleging it violated anti-discrimination law by placing online job listings seeking software developers with specific visas, the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday.
A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
Larry Ellison had a choice on Tuesday afternoon: watch a crucial race for his America's Cup sailing team or deliver a keynote to thousands of customers and partners at Oracle OpenWorld. In the end, the Oracle CEO stayed down by the water.
A week after Steve Ballmer said he plans to step down as CEO of Microsoft, ValueAct Capital, one of its biggest investors, has secured the right to appoint its president to Microsoft's board.
SDN (software-defined networking) promises some real benefits for people who use networks, but to the engineers who manage them, it may represent the end of an era.
Mere days into the Steve Ballmer Successor Watch, guessing who will be his replacement has become a new tech industry pastime.
An accumulation of perceived missteps under Steve Ballmer's leadership may have hit a tipping point this year, leading to Friday's groundshaking announcement that Bill Gates' former right hand and heir, as well as Microsoft's fiercest cheerleader, wi...
Hewlett-Packard reassigned Enterprise Group chief Dave Donatelli on Wednesday as it reported an 8 percent decline in revenue for its fiscal third quarter, saying all of its major divisions except software brought in less money than a year earlier.
Semiconductor company Applied Materials has appointed Gary Dickerson as its new CEO as the company tries to overcome declining sales and profits .
Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco Systems has announced it will eliminate about 4000 jobs, saying it needs to pare down middle management to speed up decision-making and execution.
Cisco Systems revenue and profit increased in the company's fourth quarter compared to a year earlier as the company continued its push to transcend its networking roots and become the world's top IT company.
Three top executives of struggling Zynga will move out of the company, as the games developer aims to flatten its management structure.
Twitter has acquired Marakana, a company that provides open-source training, as part of an effort to develop new skills among its engineers.
Job candidates seeking employment at consulting firm McKinsey & Company better prepare themselves -- it ranked as the toughest company to interview at in a recent report, well ahead of big-name technology players like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia