A fast-spreading Russian ransom worm that locks people out of their files has found at least 2,500 victims willing to pay up to get back control of their PCs, researchers have discovered.
Storage giant SanDisk has come up with a new half-way house for consumers who want to use encryption on portable USB without diving in at the deep end.
More than a third of all malware that has ever existed was created by criminal gangs in 2010 alone according to the latest PandaLabs Annual Report.
After a mysteriously quiet launch late last week, Microsoft has released version 2.0 of its free Security Essentials (MSE) antivirus client.
The claim that the FBI planted a backdoor in OpenBSD a decade ago has been flatly denied by developer protagonists named as having been involved in the conspiracy in an email sent to OpenBSD founder, Theo de Raadt.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
The Chinese man jailed for writing the 'Fujacks' worm in 2006 appears to be trying to rehabilitate his public image, reportedly making made a donation to a panda research centre in the country.
A disproportionate number of people downloading the open source DIY tool being used to launch DDoS attacks on companies deemed hostile to Wikileaks appear to be based in the UK, new figures have suggested.
A teenager in Manchester has been arrested after being caught selling a 'booting tool' used to attack and kick players of the hugely popular Call of Duty online game.
Google has dived back into hardware, formally announcing its second smartphone, the Nexus S for US and UK consumers.
Antivirus company AVG has had to issue roll-back instructions to users of the free edition of its AVG 2011 program after 64-bit versions of Windows fail to reboot correctly after a mandatory update.
A conservative MP has called for UK Internet service providers to protect youngsters by introducing an age-rated opt-in system for online porn.
Women are significantly more likely than men to fall for Internet scams, a new piece of research has claimed after conducting an online test.
Microsoft should start offering Windows users free antivirus software from a range of companies and not just promote its own Security Essentials product, a rival has said.
A New York couple have been charged with defrauding a wealthy musician to the tune of $20 million (£12.3 million) after he innocently visited their computer servicing company to have a virus removed from his laptop.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW