Customers of the Russian Sperbank might in future have to pay attention to how nervous they sound if they wish to withdraw money from the bank's ATM machines.
Whatever Microsoft ends up calling Windows 8, a press event at the Computex Show in Taiwan confirms that the company has already given the next version of the world's most ubiquitous operating system a heavy smartphone makeover.
Spammers have started setting up bogus URL shortening services to act as relay points for traffic generated by their emails, Symantec's MessageLabs division has reported in its May 2011 Intelligence Report.
The fake software pushers just won't give up. Security company Symantec has discovered a Trojan that tries to get PC users to pay for a worthless drive rescue utility by disrupting their system so convincingly they will believe that the PC's hard dis...
Kingston Technology has become the latest storage vendor to ship a flash drive based on USB 3.0 speeds with early performance tests suggest the new drive is lighting fast.
Large numbers of web browsers run out of date plug-ins that render them vulnerable to security exploits, a new analysis by security management company Qualys has found.
Far from scratching messages in Arabic on paper, Osama Bin Laden communicated with the outside world using a security-conscious mix of offline email and a large library of USB sticks, US sources have reported.
The boast by LastPass that its browser login tool "is the last password you'll ever need" has turned hollow with the news that its entire customer base will have to reset their master password after the company detected a possible attack on its datab...
Microsoft's popular free antivirus program Security Essentials has put in a mediocre showing in the latest quarterly tests from German test outfit AV-Test.org, finishing second bottom out of 22 products.
Would-be contestants of Simon Cowell's US X Factor might have got more public exposure than they bargained for with the news that the details of 250,000 of them have been lost after an attack on the TV show's database.
Mac users are being warned to study search engine results carefully for the first significant fake antivirus 'scareware' program to target the platform and its loyal following.
Customer credit card data held by Sony as part of its PlayStation Network (PSN) and Qriocity services was fully encrypted, the company has confirmed in the aftermath of last week's massive hacking data breach.
The son of <a href="http://blogs.techworld.com/war-on-error/2008/04/eugene-kaspersky--rock-n-roll-thaws-russia/">Eugene Kaspersky</a>, co-founder and CEO of the antivirus company Kaspersky Lab, has been freed unharmed after apparently being held capt...
Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
The tiny Zomm smartphone security 'leash' has finally been launched in the UK with the company earnestly promoting it as the best way to never leave an expensive device behind.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW