Customers of the Russian Sperbank might in future have to pay attention to how nervous they sound if they wish to withdraw money from the bank's ATM machines.
Whatever Microsoft ends up calling Windows 8, a press event at the Computex Show in Taiwan confirms that the company has already given the next version of the world's most ubiquitous operating system a heavy smartphone makeover.
Spammers have started setting up bogus URL shortening services to act as relay points for traffic generated by their emails, Symantec's MessageLabs division has reported in its May 2011 Intelligence Report.
The fake software pushers just won't give up. Security company Symantec has discovered a Trojan that tries to get PC users to pay for a worthless drive rescue utility by disrupting their system so convincingly they will believe that the PC's hard dis...
Kingston Technology has become the latest storage vendor to ship a flash drive based on USB 3.0 speeds with early performance tests suggest the new drive is lighting fast.
Large numbers of web browsers run out of date plug-ins that render them vulnerable to security exploits, a new analysis by security management company Qualys has found.
Far from scratching messages in Arabic on paper, Osama Bin Laden communicated with the outside world using a security-conscious mix of offline email and a large library of USB sticks, US sources have reported.
The boast by LastPass that its browser login tool "is the last password you'll ever need" has turned hollow with the news that its entire customer base will have to reset their master password after the company detected a possible attack on its datab...
Microsoft's popular free antivirus program Security Essentials has put in a mediocre showing in the latest quarterly tests from German test outfit AV-Test.org, finishing second bottom out of 22 products.
Would-be contestants of Simon Cowell's US X Factor might have got more public exposure than they bargained for with the news that the details of 250,000 of them have been lost after an attack on the TV show's database.
Mac users are being warned to study search engine results carefully for the first significant fake antivirus 'scareware' program to target the platform and its loyal following.
Customer credit card data held by Sony as part of its PlayStation Network (PSN) and Qriocity services was fully encrypted, the company has confirmed in the aftermath of last week's massive hacking data breach.
The son of <a href="http://blogs.techworld.com/war-on-error/2008/04/eugene-kaspersky--rock-n-roll-thaws-russia/">Eugene Kaspersky</a>, co-founder and CEO of the antivirus company Kaspersky Lab, has been freed unharmed after apparently being held capt...
Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
The tiny Zomm smartphone security 'leash' has finally been launched in the UK with the company earnestly promoting it as the best way to never leave an expensive device behind.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCData AnalystNSW