Transferring files between Apple computers running OS X and mobile devices running iOS could get a whole lot easier thanks to a portable USB flash drive that received Apple approval last week.
Personal storage peripherals
SanDisk showed off a 64GB version of its Connect Wireless Flash Drive at the 2014 International CES show on Monday, an upgrade to a small drive announced last July that lets users send data such as photos and videos across platforms via Wi-Fi.
Sony wants to simplify laptop backups.
Intel is showing off what it called the "world's fastest thumb drive," which uses Thunderbolt technology to provide breakthrough data transfer speeds compared to flash drives that plug into USB ports.
Toshiba will soon begin shipping flash memory cards that support the new SeeQVault mobile DRM standard it is backing with Samsung Electronics, Sony and Panasonic.
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW