Transferring files between Apple computers running OS X and mobile devices running iOS could get a whole lot easier thanks to a portable USB flash drive that received Apple approval last week.
Personal storage peripherals
SanDisk showed off a 64GB version of its Connect Wireless Flash Drive at the 2014 International CES show on Monday, an upgrade to a small drive announced last July that lets users send data such as photos and videos across platforms via Wi-Fi.
Sony wants to simplify laptop backups.
Intel is showing off what it called the "world's fastest thumb drive," which uses Thunderbolt technology to provide breakthrough data transfer speeds compared to flash drives that plug into USB ports.
Toshiba will soon begin shipping flash memory cards that support the new SeeQVault mobile DRM standard it is backing with Samsung Electronics, Sony and Panasonic.
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC