The early reception for Microsoft's HoloLens augmented reality headgear has been cautiously optimistic, save for one persistent bugbear: the device's field of view. Up until Wednesday, Microsoft hadn't shown that limitation in its promotional videos,...
Microsoft is sending its new augmented-reality headgear out of this world ... literally.
Dell is taking its printers to the Cloud as people increasingly use smartphones and tablets to access remote documents.
If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
Hewlett-Packard is bringing significant advances to its laser printers so more prints and savings can be squeezed out of a single cartridge.
Flash drives in mobile devices are set to become faster and secure with a new standard approved by the JEDEC Solid State Technology Association.
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
Citrix Systems is working on a mouse to simplify the use of remote Windows apps on Apple's tablets and smartphones.
3D printing has lost its novelty value a bit, but new printing materials that MakerBot plans to release will soon make it a lot more interesting again.
If you're not a fan of Google Glass-style displays yet, Sony hopes you might give its new detachable OLED a chance.
Starting late next year, it will become a tad easier to stream 4K video from mobile devices to ultra high-definition TVs.
Dell will bring virtual reality to more Windows and Android devices next year, replacing 2D cameras with depth-sensing 3D cameras.
Thirteen-year-old Shubham Banerjee had to borrow money from his parents to create his first low-cost Braille printer, but he won't need to rely on the kindness of friends and family for more cash any time soon.
3D printing could become faster, cheaper and more efficient with Hewlett-Packard entering the market.
If you own a Sonos multi-room audio system but have trouble with dead spots, Sonos has good news for you: The all-new Sonos Boost is a high-power signal amplifier that promises to extend the range of a proprietary Sonos network by 50 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC