The early reception for Microsoft's HoloLens augmented reality headgear has been cautiously optimistic, save for one persistent bugbear: the device's field of view. Up until Wednesday, Microsoft hadn't shown that limitation in its promotional videos,...
Microsoft is sending its new augmented-reality headgear out of this world ... literally.
Dell is taking its printers to the Cloud as people increasingly use smartphones and tablets to access remote documents.
If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
Hewlett-Packard is bringing significant advances to its laser printers so more prints and savings can be squeezed out of a single cartridge.
Flash drives in mobile devices are set to become faster and secure with a new standard approved by the JEDEC Solid State Technology Association.
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
Citrix Systems is working on a mouse to simplify the use of remote Windows apps on Apple's tablets and smartphones.
3D printing has lost its novelty value a bit, but new printing materials that MakerBot plans to release will soon make it a lot more interesting again.
If you're not a fan of Google Glass-style displays yet, Sony hopes you might give its new detachable OLED a chance.
Starting late next year, it will become a tad easier to stream 4K video from mobile devices to ultra high-definition TVs.
Dell will bring virtual reality to more Windows and Android devices next year, replacing 2D cameras with depth-sensing 3D cameras.
Thirteen-year-old Shubham Banerjee had to borrow money from his parents to create his first low-cost Braille printer, but he won't need to rely on the kindness of friends and family for more cash any time soon.
3D printing could become faster, cheaper and more efficient with Hewlett-Packard entering the market.
If you own a Sonos multi-room audio system but have trouble with dead spots, Sonos has good news for you: The all-new Sonos Boost is a high-power signal amplifier that promises to extend the range of a proprietary Sonos network by 50 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW