A workers' rights group is demanding Apple investigate the recent deaths of several workers at an iPhone factory in China, one of whom was a 15-year-old who died of pneumonia after working at the facility for a month.
The long-rumoured cheap, plastic iPhone is "confirmed" by a report on labor practices at the Chinese manufacturer that is assembling the device, according to the interpretation of some bloggers and tech news sites.
Apple supplier Pegatron is facing criticism from a watchdog group for poor working conditions at its factories in China.
Is the iPhone 6 (or iPhone 5S) about to launch? Foxconn and Pegasus, two of Apple's biggest Chinese suppliers, are hiring large numbers of additional factory workers.
Foxconn's days as Apple's primary manufacturing partner may be numbered. Rival Pegatron is said to be offering more competitive pricing to tempt Apple, who is trying to increase its margins.
Reports are suggesting that Pegatron, who are a manufacturing partner of Apple, has announced plans to in increase the number of workers at its plant in China by up to 40% in the second half of this year
A workers' rights group has slammed what it called the "iPad mini manufacturer" for maintaining poor working conditions at a factory in China.
Apple supplier Pegatron reported that an explosion occurred at a subsidiary company in China, with Shanghai authorities stating that 61 workers were sent to hospital.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW