A workers' rights group is demanding Apple investigate the recent deaths of several workers at an iPhone factory in China, one of whom was a 15-year-old who died of pneumonia after working at the facility for a month.
The long-rumoured cheap, plastic iPhone is "confirmed" by a report on labor practices at the Chinese manufacturer that is assembling the device, according to the interpretation of some bloggers and tech news sites.
Apple supplier Pegatron is facing criticism from a watchdog group for poor working conditions at its factories in China.
Is the iPhone 6 (or iPhone 5S) about to launch? Foxconn and Pegasus, two of Apple's biggest Chinese suppliers, are hiring large numbers of additional factory workers.
Foxconn's days as Apple's primary manufacturing partner may be numbered. Rival Pegatron is said to be offering more competitive pricing to tempt Apple, who is trying to increase its margins.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- FTC calls on IoT vendors to protect privacy
- Apple tops Chinese smartphone market for the first time
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Mobile World Congress rumor mill churns with reports of better screens, cameras
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.