Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Samsung Electronics said it has completed development of the first DDR4 DRAM module, which offers twice the performance of today's DDR3 DRAM and reduces power consumption when used in a notebook by 40%.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Move over PC. The Apple iPad and other tablet devices are turning quite a few heads and chipping away at your business.
Later this month, the high-brow Christie's auction house will try to get $242,400 for an aged Apple computer.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
On the eve of the first anniversary of Windows 7's launch, Microsoft today said the operating system has exceeded its expectations.
Apple jumped into the third spot in U.S. sales for the third quarter, in part because of the "halo" effect from its iPad tablet, industry research firm IDC said today.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW