Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
HP today announced a slew of new consumer computing devices that are available to buy now. The new computers don’t run Windows 10 out of the box, but will be upgradeable once the new operating system rolls out from 29 July. Here’s the low-down on the...
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
Leap Motion, a computer hardware sensor device that supports hand and motion input, has gone on sale exclusively in Australia through Dick Smith retail stores, the company has announced.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
You may not realise this when you first look at it, but Intel's Next Unit of Computing (or simply, NUC), is a powerful computer that's perfect for a huge range of exciting applications. It's a computer that is centered around an Intel Desktop motherb...
For those that call tablets personal computers, Apple Inc. is the world's top PC maker, according to research firm Canalys.
Intel expects to see more innovation in PC design in the next year than there has been since the mid-1990s.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW