They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
CE Week, a New York City-based exhibition from the same folks who bring you the huge CES show in Las Vegas, attracts vendors who are showing new, innovative or just-plain-weird products. Here is a sampling of what we saw.
Get ready for 2014's Google I/O by looking back at some of the biggest moments and announcements from previous years
Chromebooks are lightweight, inexpensive and efficient -- in other words, great for business travel. But can these Cloud-based laptops operate when you're off Wi-Fi? Sure they can -- here are 15 productivity apps that can work with you when you're of...
A trip down memory lane, tracing major milestones in the evolution of the desktop environment.
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
From new chips to super-fast storage and amazing connectivity improvements, the future of computing was unveiled at Computex.
These are the announcements that got the crowd excited at WWDC 2014.
Hot or not? From the Web to the motherboard to the training ground, get the scoop on what's in and what's out in app dev.
Heroes, bugs, puzzlers, baseball and more fill this list of popular Apple iPhone, iPad games
Just because Gates has given up his role as Microsoft's Chairman doesn't mean he's slowing down…
Private servers, WiFi camera monitors, remote management -- further proof that the iPad is an IT pro essential
Newest Microsoft Surface device built as both a tablet and an enterprise desktop replacement
Get creative. No, more creative than that. Keep going.
Everything you need to know about Apple’s retail stores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 2 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 3 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 4 Apple Watch review: saving time
- 5 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- EU sets June 2017 as date to end mobile roaming charges
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS
- Fon keeps adding Wi-Fi hotspots, but struggles to crack the US
- Google asks for, and gets, extra time to respond to European antitrust charges
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.