PC sales volumes have hit bottom, so from next year, the only way is up, say Gartner analysts.
Especially if you have an older PC, there’s a big difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Here’s how to find out what you have and why you should care.
Many Raspberry Pi-like developer boards are available, but most can't run Microsoft's Windows 10 desktop OS. OS versatility is a strong suit of the new SolidRun Q4 board.
All-in-ones are all about saving space and avoiding clutter, but few do so as well as Lenovo's ThinkCentre X1.
Alienware's backpack PC prototype packs a Radeon RX 480 to create a mobile virtual reality solution.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
Overclocking might have an exotic image but it's not too difficult to start. At the entry level, an Intel desktop app provides an immediate performance boost.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
John Romero's returning to the FPS genre for the first time since 2000's Daikatana. Cross your fingers.
Apple's focus on security means it will eventually offer Macs equipped with an ARM processor, Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bavarian said.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
If your Mac isn't fast enough to edit 3D video, HP is providing a workaround to make it possible.
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
Apple's Mac Pro is aging fast, especially with significantly faster Windows desktops being introduced in recent weeks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Data Migration - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW